Monday, June 27, 2011

Dani's wedding....

Jim's niece Dani, got married June 10 in Boise. Her and her husband Aaron had eloped a couple of years ago, and she had been wanting a 'real' wedding ever since to share with friends and family. They had planned to do it on their 1st Anniversary, but didn't quite have the money, so finally this year on June 10th, they were able to. So Jim, Andy, and Sarah and I all drove together




and stayed at the same motel that Jim's Mom was at. We got there in the afternoon on Friday the 10th, and the wedding was later that night at 8:00, so we went to lunch with Jim's mom to 'Cafe Ole'. I like that restaurant... but it isn't as good as I remembered it being.
While the wedding party was taking pictures, we relaxed in our motel room for a while, then headed over. They were having the wedding and reception up on the top of the C.J. Moore building. It was nice! Dani had made her own decorations, she did Pinwheels in her wedding colors which were white and aqua, instead of flowers and boutonnieres. They were way cute!! She had it catered but did her own cupcakes--which were delicious.


Jim's other neice Tommi and her little girl Alexis

JIm's Mom and nephew Josh




Another nice pic of Jim's Mom, Virginia...

All in all it was a fun wedding, was fun to see family that we hadn't seen for a while. We hadn't seen Jim's nephew, Josh, for quite some time....

He's a cute kid, he does hair in Seattle. Sarah and I wanted a makeover. The food was good at the wedding, but not going to a lot of receptions like that that have the wedding then the reception right after, we were hungry, especially Sarah, so we were like "go ahead Sarah, once you go through the buffet, other's will follow." So that is what Sarah did, and sure enough other ladies followed. Then while Sarah was eating,the caterer walked by and gasped and said "how did you get the food? We hadn't put the tongs out yet!! No one is supposed to eat yet!" oops!!


I guess you are supposed to wait till the bride and groom come in and thank everyone and they start eating first!! The caterer had a heck of a time keeping people out of the food till then. I think she hurt a few older ladies feelings even! But Sarah became her favorite person, every time she walked by with quesidilla's or grilled cheese sandwiches, Sarah was sure to take one... she even asked Sarah if she wanted a job! ha!
Then they had the best man and maid of honor toast the happy couple

Then it was time to cut the "cupcake"


There was dancing later and Jim and I even danced... they made ALL married couples go out and dance. Jim giggled the whole time....

Then when Dani threw the bouquet to all the ladies, Josh got up with Sarah to catch it,


and stayed sitting when the garter was thrown to all the guys.??? Josh is funny.....

Andy tried to catch the garter though, but no luck...

then Dani had brought different hats, and fake mustaches, glasses, and different things to take your picture wearing,


then you would sign a guest book, and later she would put your picture by your signature! Cute idea I thought!.... all in all it was a fun reception.
Then on Saturday, we all got up and got ready for the day. Linda and Lu met Sarah and I at our motel, then we did the Boise Farmer's market.

It was awesome! We drank some yummy Mint Limeade, fresh baby donuts, and sampled, cheese, ewegert, sauces, breads, oh it was fun! I bought a delicious Sweet Hot Tomato Chutney that I'm going to try to make with my tomatoes this fall and can. YUMMO!
Later, we met up with Jim and Andrew at Cabela's and wandered the store.

Sarah ran into a couple selling a tea cup chihuahua and wanted it sooooo bad... but we made her realize she's much too busy for a pet.

Then we had made plans to meet Dani for lunch, and Lu and Linda decided to go too. We let Dani pick where we ate, and since she works at Cheesecake factory, and has worked at Red Robin we couldn't eat there, and since Sarah works at Olive Garden she thought we wouldn't want to eat there, so she picked Cafe Ole again! Goodness, I was sick of Mexican food! But Linda and Lu went with us.

It was nice to visit with everyone.
After that, we drove home.. boy is that drive to Boise a boring one. I'm really glad Sarah is going to school in Provo! That drive is a lot faster and more to look at if you ask me!
It was a fun wedding.... but the weekends go way too fast when you are away from home and having fun... then it was back to work.

No comments: