Thursday, March 22, 2012

My "Relay for Life" Auction cake....

A girl I work with came up to me about a month ago, and asked if she could hire me to make a cake. She had been volunteered to make a cake for the "Relay for Life" cake auction at her church and since she doesn't 'do' cakes or baking she asked me if I wouldn't mind. Of course I say I wouldn't mind!! She said I could do whatever I wanted with an 8 inch 2 layer cake and the color purple!!
This is what I came up with!
It was yellow cake with raspberry filling.... and I had this new gumpaste flower kit and thought I would try it out. I wasn't even sure how I was going to decorate it until that Saturday morning before she needed, other than I had made a few roses and leaves... it just seemed to come together!! I was happy with it...
Shannon took it to the cake auction, and later sent me a text message that it had sold for $90!! How cool is that??? I had told her rather than pay me to make a donation towards the Cancer Society as well (thinking that it would be 10 or 15, because that is what I would have charged since it was a good cause) Later I got a thank-you and she said she had made a donation of $30 to the Cancer  Society! Wow!!
All in all it was a good day!

No comments: