My empty nest is half full again. Andrew got done with his summer semester with an Associates degree!! Woo hooo!!! His semester ended the 18th of July, and now he is on his off track for the fall. This meant he would need to move back home. So being the kind mother that I am, I spent a few days hauling things back from Rexburg to Blackfoot. It's amazing how much stuff my kids can pack into a small apartment bedroom!! But I've always said you might as well make the room feel like home so you are happy there, to me that makes you feel comfortable and you're more likely to study and do a good job. So I don't mind helping my kids.
I took an afternoon off on the Friday he had to be out and helped clean. Andrew was lucky and had the kitchen. Well, maybe not so lucky, I almost gagged (okay I did gag) trying to do the dishes. I think he owes me for that one. But we got done by 9 that evening.
He was all moved out. He had mixed emotions, he was sad to leave his classes, nerdy art friends, and the companion ships he had made with his roommates. But he was glad to be home to good food, his bedroom, and his Blackfoot friends, Micah and Jamison.
Jim and I were mixed about it all too! Funny how when your kids first move out to go to college you're sad and wish they could be home all the time, you miss them and worry. But after a little while you start to get used to them being out of the house. You start to not worry so much, (you pray alot though, and have faith they will be watched over) and you start to enjoy your spouses company and get to know them better, and you get closer!
AND you get used to just the two of you, and the house stays cleaner and groceries go further.
But my kids will always be welcome at home when they need to be there. I love them dearly and hope all goes well with their schooling and that they will be able to find good careers and companions.
Family is awesome............and for a few months it's okay to have a half full nest again. :)

1 comment:
You're such a cute mom Didi! I'm so glad your nest is half full again! He's lucky to have such a good mom as you that cleans even tho she gags. That's true love right there!
Post a Comment