Saturday, January 11, 2014

Changes...................

Well, I'm interrupting my catching up for 2013 for a post. I have some things I need to get out. This year, 2014 will bring changes for me... big changes.
First of all my work has changed. My boss that I have had for the past 6 years is moving offices, she was understanding and pretty easy going and let us come in and leave when we needed/wanted to and pretty much my order desk girls and I were our own bosses and worked together. I now have a new boss, and may even change offices to the administration building where all the big bosses are. And I have to be to work right at 8 and leave right at 5 (which isn't a bad thing, but just takes discipline to leave the house on time). So work will be slightly different. What I do will basically be the same. One plus is that we now get a whole day off for our birthdays instead of a half day off.
And Sarah and Andy are both back at school, which means my house is empty once again....it's nice for some reasons....like the kids bathroom will stay really clean now, but will take getting a little used to again to have them gone.
And last but not least, my calling in the church has changed. I got called to be the Young Women's President...President!!!!! can you believe it? I think I had just got done telling Jim that out of all the callings I could possibly get President was one I didn't think I could handle. Heavenly Father must have heard and knew different.
I had been feeling like teaching Relief Society was getting old... well not really old, but I was comfortable at it I guess, tho' when it was my week to teach I was pretty nervous. But preparing and things I'd share were becoming the same... you know what I mean? So I felt that a change was due... just didn't quite think it would be this one. But I would rather be in Young Women's than the RS president or Primary president. I think those would be way hard. And I heard I was on the Stake Leaders List of women to call as one of the Stake Camp directors! EEEEEKKKKKK I guess I'm thankful for being the YW"s president. :)
Come unto Christ is the Young Women's theme this year, how perfect is that? I love the above picture from Simon Dewey.... lately I have prayed and prayed!!! for help! I don't have any idea how to be a president and with the new teaching Curriculum for the young people it's over whelming!!
So I'll share what happened when I first got called. I had been praying about how I didn't know how to be a president.... how do I teach the Young women... I'll be honest they kind of scare me and wear me out. When I got up one morning to read my scriptures before getting ready to work, I prayed / wept again and then turned my Book of Mormon open to where I was, and it just happened to be 2 Nephi 32... the very first verse I read was this...
 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, I suppose that ye ponder somewhat in your hearts concerning that which ye should do after ye have entered in by the way. But, behold, why do ye ponder these things in your hearts?
How awesome is that???
Then I continued to read, that whole chapter is awesome but next I read verse 3
aAngels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, bfeast upon the cwords of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will dtell you all things what ye should do.
I cried some more. I will just pray and read my scriptures and I will know what to do :)
The next morning I was feeling the same, overwhelmed wondering how I could do my calling and I was readying the Book called "Happy Like Jesus" by D. Kelly Ogden. I highly recommend that book it's awesome. I was on chapter 11 Be Loving, and I got to a paragraph where it talks about when Christ was talking to the apostle Peter, and said "Lovest thou me? Feed my lambs...Feed my Sheep" (John 21:15-16)  Then I got to the next paragraph and it said this:
"You too are called to feed the flock. Whether it is a large flock or a small flock size does not matter to the Master Shepherd--you are called to watch over, guard, protect, and nourish the sheep under your care. And for the ones who have wandered off, you will search them out and do all you can to guide them back. You don't have to worry about those in other flocks, in other places; you are to care for those over whom you have been given a charge. In other words, you have to LOVE them. Jesus was a Rescuer, a Savior, and a Redeemer, and he wants  you to become what he is. That is your calling--- to be a rescuer, a savior, and a redeemer of those in your flock. "
Then later is said the best counsel you or anyone involved in the greatest cause on earth could possibly receive is this, All you need to do is: LOVE THE PEOPLE! (or in my case Love the Girls)
isn't it amazing how answers to our prayers come from good books? Last year when I was assistant camp director, I think it was the Stake President who said, "you talk to God through prayer, and he talks to you through the scriptures" 
So that is what I will do, I will pray, read my scriptures, listen for answers and guidance from my Heavenly Father, and I will LOVE the girls.
I have some awesome ladies called as my couselors and advisors. I will love them too. All of our personalities are different... and that takes some getting used to, but I think it's that way for a reason. The girls in Young women's are different, so it takes all different personalities to lead them and love them and teach them. :)
You know what is interesting? The girls I taught in Primary when they were 7 turning 8, and then again when they were 9 turning 10, are the same girls I had in my 3 years in Beehives when I was the 2nd counselor. AND they are my Laurels!! There is something there I think, the Lord has put me in this calling because I think he needs me with those girls. :) I hope I can live up to his expectations and know/learn what I am to teach them:)
We had our first activity the other night.. we sat in a circled and went around picking out 'get-to-know-you questions from an envelope and answering them. It was fun and some girls are really funny. We had 16 girls there which is more than had been coming lately. I guess they needed a change too?? Although the last group of leaders were awesome... but sometimes change is needed in a persons life. It was a fun evening.
I know Heavenly Father and His Son know each and everyone of us and the desires in our hearts. AND They are there when we need them and even when we don't think we do. They watch over us and guide us. I LOVE that.

2 comments:

Emily said...

You will be an awesome young womens president!! That is neat that the laurels are the same girls you have worked with before! I loved reading about the answers to your prayers when you opened the scriptures. That is so awesome. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Alison said...

DI!!! YOU are amazing!!! I'm so happy for you and all the amazing changes and spiritual experiences. You are going to do amazing things for those YW. I'm so happy for them to have YOU!!

And thank you for all the kind comments on my blog. They seriously made my day. I just LOVE you!!