Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day weekend

We had a good weekend! Friday after work Jim and I did our grocery shopping so we'd have time to play all weekend!
Saturday we got up and I cleaned the house (wasn't going to but had lots of energy) Even got to trade Andy and finished mowing the lawn to get a bit of sun on my white legs. Look what we found in our tree!!! Andrew rode round and round it without noticeing it at all!! Jim noticed this when he was using the push mower!! EEEKK!




We called a Bee guy to come and get them, he came Sunday after church and removed them by spraying them with water (so they would think it was raining and huddle closer together.) And it was a cooler stormy day, so they were calm. It worked. He got most of them before a downpour started... Monday we noticed we still had a baseball size clump in the tree but it's better than what it was. We'll have to call the Miller's honey guy!
Memorial day came... we had smoked a pork butt on Sunday so we made pulled pork sandwiches, macaroni salad, coleslaw, brats, chips and cookies and icecream. Had Mom and Dad, Brian and Jennifer and kids, Kim and Ang, and Jill and Jared and Karlie come to eat. It was a beautiful day! We ate in our back yard for a change. Here are some pics.








During all this we weeded the flower bed up front and put river rocks on the kidney shape flower bed for filler.. still need lots of rocks!!! Still need to weed my roses, but I"m scared of the hobos in the weeds!!!




I love my yard.... especially just after it's been mowed.
I also love different flowers.. I loved this plant.. it look like alien fingers...

1 comment:

Sarah J said...

MMMMMMOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM! that was such a good bbq :) i loved it!!!! i am so glad we had a party at our house!!!! :) i love you! you're gorgeous!!!