Wednesday, July 20, 2011

a fun little project!

I almost forgot to blog about this fun little project I did with my good friend Katy Murdock! She had wanted to paint a Motorcycle/ Dirt Bike on her little boy, Max's, bedroom wall. We thought Andrew could do it, but he likes to draw too technically, if that makes sense and would have probably made it harder than it was. Not that he's not a good artist, that's just the way he draws. He's drawing another awesome poster for the Comic Con again this year, by the way, but I will post a blog on that one when it's done.
Anyway, I found a cute picture of a cartoon motor bike and e-mailed it to Katy.

She like it! Then we had the idea that if we had an overhead projector we could trace it on the wall and color it in (like coloring in a color book!) She had one! So that is what we did! She painted the motor bike and she did an AWESOME job I might add. I painted the dust and dirt in the background. I think it only took us 3 hours... and she touched it up a bit more afterwards. It turned out awesome and was easier than I thought it would be. Here's the pic of it before she did her finishing touches...

 the camera was kind of at a slant when I took it....
and this is Max.... I think he liked it!!
Here's a pic of the finished dirt bike (I got it from Katy)

3 comments:

Kendall and Katy said...

You were awesome to help me! I still love going into his room and admiring what a great job we did!

The Martins said...

Wow, that is really cute! What a fun idea! Makes me want to do some painting at our house.

Alison said...

Wow! That is awesome! Now I know who to hire one day when we have walls to paint! Turned out GREAT!