The weekend of June 25-26, Jim decided we needed to take a get away to SLC, just the two of us. Sarah's car license tags were expiring the end of June, and he was worried she would get pulled over coming home for the 4th. So we decided the best thing to do was take them to her.
After getting up Saturday morning to a beautiful day, we sprayed the yard for weeds, watered the garden, and then took off. It was a good day for driving. We took Andy's car (thank-you Andy) for better gas mileage, plus you can plug an I-phone into it, so we got to listen to Pandora radio the whole way. LOVE Pandora radio. You can type in a song or artist you like and it creates a station with similar music! Great stuff!
Anyway, we got to Provo at about 3 and Sarah was still working at Olive Garden, but about to be phased out. So we planned to eat lunch with her there. The silly, cute thing, she came out and saw us waiting and her big brown eyes filled with tears she was soooo happy to see us. We got to meet some of her friends from Olive Garden. We had good food and a good visit.
We went to both Provo Malls, window shopped mostely, but Sarah found a cute swimming suit to wear to the water parks there. And we had to stop at See's Candies, I HAD to get us all a Key Lime Truffle for later.
We went to the Deseret Book Store where we found a cute missionary looking guy asleep in a chair there, and Sarah and I tried to talk loud around him so he'd wake up, but he was a deep sleeper. I dared her to throw a spit wad at him, but she chickened out.
Then we went to the Farr's serve-yourself Frozen Yogurt, LOVE the Pineapple frozen yogurt there... YUM!! We all helped ourselves and topped it with all kinds of berries and fruit, delish!
And then noticed Sarah had grabbed a LARGE bowl and me and Jim had only taken the regular one. Of course we had to give her a hard time about that.
Then we took Sarah back to her house, and after putting her new license plates on her car, and visiting a while longer, and lots of hugs, we left to go back to Salt Lake where our motel was.
We stayed at the Radison on the 14th floor, and they have sleep number beds.... have you ever tried a sleep number bed??? not bad, but I don't think they are worth what they cost.
Sunday we slept in, then got up and walked around Temple Square, the flowers were beautiful.
We were being silly and took pictures of each other across the pond by the temple....... apparently Jim could focus alot closer than I could!! LOL
AND I ran into a missionary sister that remembered me from when Sarah and I went there after Sarah and Dave's break up. She said after her and her companion had met me and Sar and shown us the acoustic test in the tabernacle, she had turned to her companion and said "that's the kind of relationship I want with my kids". Made me feel good, Sarah and I do have a close relationship. I am happy I can have that kind of relationship with my kids.
We ate lunch at Cheesecake Factory, and got the 'lunch' salads which are still huge if you ask me...but delicious. LOVE Cheesecake Factory. And of course we had to get cheesecake. We tried the Mango Key Lime, that was a special they don't normally have.
LOVED it, but I think Jim would have rather had the banana cream cheesecake.
We window shopped and finally found Jim and Andy some shorts at Penny's. I know, we go all that way and end up buying stuff at Penny's.
After that, it was time to head back home, to unpack and get ready for the work week, and the big family 4th of July party on the 2nd.
We have a great time together... I'm glad Jim and I can take those little mini getaways now and then. LOVE him and I LOVE spending time together.

3 comments:
Looks like a fun trip! You do have the kind of relationship I want with my kids one day too!
Fun! Looks like a blast. I have to get me a piece of that cheesecake someday. :)
oh that was so so fun :) i loved that day! you two are so cute!
Post a Comment