We had to break it in so I think the following Tuesday after I got home and Jim didn't have Young Men's (they had a regional stake dance) we decided to have ourselves a little weenie roast to try it out!
I had hot dogs, chips, fruit, and all the garnishes anyone could want on a hot dog. Jim got the fire going.... and just as soon as I got things out on the picnic table and we sat around the fire to roast our hot dogs
...... a powerful wind came up (of course!) not a very flattering pic of me... but it was windy!!
and we saw these ominous clouds on the other side of our house!
Good grief... only in Idaho! But we persevered... we roasted our hot dogs with ash flying all around us...
and then sat at the table on the deck to eat... it really wasn't too bad there, it was sheltered from the wind. And mother Nature held off until we were done eating and had taken everything back into the house. And then it rained.... and put out our fire for us. :o) Then the most beautiful double rainbow came out as if Mother Nature was trying to apologize for just about ruining our first weeinie roast in our very own fire pit..
Anyone up for a weenie roast??? and ghost stories by the fire???
2 comments:
I am totally up for a weenie roast! Are we still planning on it the last Tuesday of the month?
yes... we are.. probably around 7?
Post a Comment