Sunday, October 23, 2011

Disneyland trip continued.....

Sorry it's been a while and I haven't finished my Disneyland post... I had to work a lot of overtime lately.. I think I worked 50 hours last week.. on the holiday and on Saturday... Ugh. Anyway on to happier memories.
So after we had spent our Friday at Disneyland, we decided to spend our Saturday at Disney's California Adventure Park... But first Jim had to get some homework done.... oh the agony of waiting....but finally we could go.
We had heard the we HAD to go see the "World of Color" Fountain show, and that you had to get fast past tickets early in the day if you wanted to get a good spot, so that is where we went to first thing... we got tickets into the 9:30 showing....more on that later....
There are a lot of things still under construction at California Adventures... but they had this new Ariel's Undersea adventure ride that we went on first... it was awesome... you got to ride in seashell cars
It was like the movie of the Little Mermaid come to life.....

Sarah would have loved it......
just get a load of King Tritan's muscles.....
Awesome isn't it??
Then, we started walking around the pier.. and we saw Jim's favorite ride...(inside joke, I will have to tell the story behind the 'jumping jelly fish' ride in person...) Jim behaved himself since there were a lot of "special" kids around and we didn't want to offend anyone.
Then we wandered around some more.. they have a new Toy Story ride, where you get in cars and have laser guns, you have to wear 3-D glasses, and you go around and play arcade games... and it keeps track of your score... Jim beat me by a mile...
Here I am sporting my 3-d glasses....the lines were kind of long for this ride, I was bored and took a pic of myself... not too flattering though.
Then I decided to be brave and ride Mickey's Fun Wheel.. (it's a HUGE Ferris Wheel) we even got in one  of the swinging gondolas... I thought I was gonna have a cow!!! Jim was fine and took lovely pictures while we were stuck at the top... of the lovely scenery....
                               and of me hanging on for dear life with a horrified look on my face....
After that we got an icecream.... then decided to ride on King Triton's carousel...we were the only adults on it that weren't helping little children.....
I rode on a lovely barnacled whale... (Jim said I had to cuz everytime I go to the dermotologist to get my moles checked, I show him one that I'm worried about and he says "oh that's nothing to worry about, it's just a human barnacle....and Jim say's I'm just an old barge) so I felt I had something in common with the barnacled whale....
Jim rode the cute little happy gold fish next to my whale.......
Then we walked around a bit more... and headed over to the Hollywood Pictures backlot...we looked in a few shops. We had promised to bring the kids a surprise of some kind...
we passed by this hot dog place and got a kick out of the sign...hahaha.
Then we went on to the Twilght Zone's Tower of Terror.. we thought we'd give it a shot.. inside it looks kind of creepy, like a haunted motel....
You get in an elevator lined with seats facing the door, and it tells a creepy story of some people that were killed and disappeared in an elevator and you make your way upwards while doing this, every once in a while the doors open and you see creepy things in the hallway.. then when you are at the very top, the doors open and you can see outside and realize how high up in the air you are, then they shut and you drop suddenly... ahhh! Then it goes up again and down a couple of more times... I swear I didn't know if we were going up, down or sideways... I felt suspended in air at one point... this is what it looks like from the outside...
Then I felt a little woozy after that one... so we went for a calmer ride "mike and sully to the rescue" it was cute.. just like Monsters Inc.

This is my favorite part where the yellow guy says "it picked me up with it's lazer beam eyes and shook me like a doll".... (I used to think it said shook me like a dog)
Jim said I was beginning to sound like "Roz" since I was just getting over a cold and from screaming so much....
After that we got corndogs.... yummo! I'd been craving those foot long corndogs since we had taken the kids 10 years earlier... but they weren't quite the same.. not as big.
Then we rode on "Soarin' Over California" it simulates flying in a airplane..
and after that we were quite tired.... so we watched a few people get soaked on Grizzly Bear rapids but didn't feel like getting wet ourselves cuz we were going to stay late and watch the World of Color. So we decided to head out of the park and go to down town Disney.... that was fun... we watched them make caramel apples at one shop... I want to make the Jack Skelington ones for Halloween....
We bought Andy a "Nightmare before Christmas" sweatshirt and Sarah a 'little Mermaid" T-shirt and got a pretzel and lemonade at "Wetzel's Preztel's" then headed on back to California adventures after riding the tram all around the parks...
It was time to wait for "The World of Color" we started standing in line a half n hour before they even let us in the area.... then it was another hour long wait.... but we got a pretty good spot... next time I would pick directly in front and center of the ferris wheel..we were slightly off to the side... but Jim took this cool video of  Mickey's fun wheel' changing colors....


It was a long wait... but so worth it! The fountain show is awesome. They play music from different Disney shows while showing bits and pieces of the different movies on the water of the fountains. Warning tho' if you are way up front you get hit with the mist of the fountains.... my hair was frizzely afterwards. Pictures don't do the fountains justice.... it's amazing.!
After that show it was pretty late, so we went back to our motel for the night... Jim still had homework to do. One of the valet's at our motel helped us get a yummy pizza for only 8 bucks!! We ate then went to bed with plans to hit all of our favorite rides at Disneyland on Sunday which would be our last day there.
We got up on Sunday morning, and Jim had to study.. he had a test he had to take by midnight that same day. I wasn't feeling well either, so we relaxed a bit until about noon. Then we caught the shuttle and headed off to Disneyland. We had decided to get fast passes for our favorite rides.... We did the haunted mansion again.... then got a fast pass for Space Mountain, and Splash mountain... we wandered around a bit too, back in the area where the Thunder Mountain Train roller coaster place is they have a BBQ restaurant and they had all these pumpkins and displays out... it was a good photo moment...
my hair was terrible that day!!
We waited in line for the Indiana Jones ride one more time... then went to splash mountain and waited in line.. that was a way long line... we got lucky and got the front of our log (not sure if that was really lucky or not) we got soaked!!!
As you can see, Jim was nice enough to let me sit behind him... so he took most of the water... I posed for this pic so good (a girl I work with said she wanted a pic of me on Splash Mountain screaming) we had to buy it... After that ride we were just in time to go on it again with our fast passes... so we did... we didn't think we would be lucky enought to get the very front of the log again... but we did. Jim almost made me take the very front... but he had pity on me when we got up there and let me sit behind him again... Good grief there wasn't a dry spot on us!! The people behind us said they had been on that ride TONS and have never gotten that wet... I think it was because there was all adults in the car, no kids...
We were soaked but wanted to use our fast pass to Space Mountain so we dripped across the park to that ride... It's sooo awesome! By then, Jim was freezing... and I was still feeling plucky.. so we said goodbye to Disneyland... got the kids some presents, and went back to the Motel for a hot shower and left over pizza and cheesecake. Jim was able to take his test and he passed!!
We got up Monday morning, ate breakfast and sadly packed the car. It was time to head for home..... we had sooo much fun! I highly reccommend going to Disneyland with just your spouse.....it's fun with kids too and I want to go again and take Sarah and Andy one more time before they get families of their own.
We drove all day, and got stuck in traffic in Las Vegas, we stopped and ate at Winger's in St. George, but went on to Cedar City for the night. We figured the closer we were to Sarah and Provo, the longer we would get to visit with her.
Tuesday we got up and made it to Provo by 1 in the afternoon! We picked Sarah up and took her to lunch! She LOVED the Ariel shirt I bought her! We ate at Red Robin and made her jealous with all of our pictures from Disneyland. Then we went back to her place and visited some more. Sarah's roomie has this little dog that she named "Boogie". He's a cute little dog... but I didn't like his name... He looked more like a Luther Von Pelt... Louie for short... so now that's what Sarah and I call him...
Aren't we all cute? After giving Sarah LOTS of hugs... we had to head for home.... I must admit it was kind of nice to get home after all. We gave Andy some hugs... he survived on his own the whole week he was home alone. He LOVED his Jack Skelington sweatshirt.
And the weather was beautiful... we had a lovely autumn evening...
I love it when the moon is smiling... almost like "heaven is smiling upon us!"

2 comments:

The Martins said...

What a fun trip! I love the idea of going to Disneyland with just your spouse. I would get scared on the ferris wheel too! What a view from the top. Love all the pictures - you guys are so cute. Glad you had fun!

Alison said...

I agree with Em, you guys are so cute! What a nice trip to get away together. I like all the Halloween decor and treats too, that is so fun! Hope you have a shorter work week this week and get to enjoy some more nice fall weather. I like the thoughts that heaven is smiling down on us, I'm going to remember that next time I see a sliver of moon. Loves to you!