Friday, November 25, 2011

A weekend in Provo

Last weekend I got off work at noon on Friday and headed to Provo. Sarah's car had been acting up and rather than spend $1000 to service it, Jim knew he could do it himself and save us some money, a good thing since Christmas is coming. I thought I would spend the weekend with her and swap cars, she wasn't sure if she would get time off to come home for Thanksgiving and I thought I might make a mini Thanksgiving dinner for her and her roomies. AND 'Breaking Dawn' was out in theaters and I knew I couldn't get Jim to go with me. So with motel reservations and Fandago tickets for Breaking Dawn in my purse I headed off to Provo.
The weather was good except for a stretch from Malad to Tremonton where I got in a terrible storm...
Scary.... I soooo don't like snow on the roads... if the roads stayed clear and it snowed a little in December and January only, I would be happy... but that would be a perfect world. Anyway. I made it! I got to Provo just as Sarah was getting off work, so we checked into our motel,
got Sarah's stuff for the weekend, and headed off to Olive Garden for dinner, then it would be our movie!! Woohoo!
If you have never gone out to eat with Sarah at a restaurant she works at, then you are missing out. It's like eating out with a celebrity. Everyone comes up and says hi and raves about how nice and beautiful Sarah is... it's way fun. We even got FREE pumpkin cheesecake YUM!
After dinner we hung out a Deseret Books, I got some Christmas shopping done, and then we headed off to the movie. We were sooooo excited! there were NO lines and I thought woo hoo! we must be the first ones here! (we went an hour early) but alas, they had let the line in early... we were lucky to find seats!! but we got to sit by these two girls who were hilarious and Sarah made new friends. The one I was sitting by wasn't much of a Twi-hard so she starting making fun of Edward, her and Sarah had made a plan than when something cheesey happened or Edward didnt' look very good they sould say pumpkin.... and every so often I would here pumpkin-pumpkin on both sides of me....so Sarah and I switched seats since Sarah felt the same as she did, they had a way good time and the movie was good and I want to see it again!
Saturday we slept in a little... Sarah could have slept till noon I think, so I went down and got breakfast myself and then we got ready for the day.
We weren't sure where to go or what to do but Sarah wanted to go to 'The Help' which was playing at the dollar theater. So we did! That's a way good movie too... now I just need to read the book.
After that movie, we went to Salt Lake City, we had to take Sarah's Mac to the Apple store at the Gateway mall to get fixed before her warranty ran out. As we were going over there, going down the stairs by the fountain, there was a plastic tent set up with a piano in it and a red headed guy playing the piano. I said, "Sarah go over and peek in the tent and ask if he is Jon Schmidt and if so get his autograph." She was like 'what would Jon Schmidt being doing here in the middle of the afternoon?'so we went on to the Apple store. That took awhile , and we had to buy a back up for Sarah's computer, and wait while it loaded so we could take it home, they were going to ship her computer to the main office to get overhauled. We thought we would go shopping while it loaded, when we came out of the Apple store there was a stetch limo across the street, it so happened it was the night of the lighting of the Gateway Christmas tree and that WAS Jon Schmidt who was putting on a concert for the occasion along with a children's choir... but do you think I could keep Sarah out of Forever 21 to enjoy it?? NO....................... I heard bits and pieces of it. And after it was all over, we ate at Thaifoons, and sat in the bar so we'd get 1/2 price appetisers, then we took our pics by the Christmas tree....
 It was kind of a funny day..
Sunday we were going to go to Music and the Spoken word, but we couldn't get ourselves out of bed and ready to be there my 9AM so we missed it, and we were going to cook a small Thanksgiving feast for Sarah and her roomies (just in case she couldn't come home) but she found out she was getting Tuesday through Sunday off so she could come home! Yay! So we just got ready and went back to SLC to pick up Sarah's backup... (it wasn't ready the night before when we were ready to leave) Then we went to the Fashion Place mall and window shopped and bought Keylime truffles at See's Candies... if you have never had those, you just have to get one next time you are by a See's Candie's store.. those our my little splurges.
Then it was time to head back to Provo, I was trying to leave early so I wouldn't have to drive in the dark. But alas, we decided to eat at Red Lobster, and I didn't leave until 5. But with my Soundtrack from Breaking Dawn, (that's an awesome CD by the way) playing, and all packed up into Sarah's little car, I headed for home, feeling a little sad about leaving but excited for the week, and getting ready for Thanksgiving.
I LOVE my daughter and we have quite a fun time when we are together.
Isn't she gorgeous with her new hair cut and color???  I couldn't wait for her to get here Tuesday and the Thanksgiving Holiday to begin!!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Such cute pictures of you two! And again, sounds like such a fun mom/daughter weekend. And I agree with you, Sarah's new haircut is adorable! I am jealous of your relationship and have you guys up on a pedestal! I want to be you guys in a few years! :) Loves!