Monday, November 7, 2011

Halloween Evening and Beyond

Halloween came and went. The night before Andrew asked me to give him a Mohawk for Halloween. He's had two weeks off work for vacation and was heading to Tucson, Arizona to go to the Comic Con with Micah.... yes, I was not invited this year, Andrew had wanted to take Micah for a long time, so they were planning a road trip. If you have ever been to a Comic Con you know weird is the thing.... so Andy's Mohawk was mild in comparison. I think it turned out awesome.....
He was happy with it... and that's all that matters!
Then I had to take a picture of Micah so he wouldn't feel bad.... he reminds me a bit of Jack Black...
Maybe it was a good thing I wasn't invited to this years Comic Con... not sure if I could have handled that long of a road trip with these two.....
This is a pic of Andy all ready for a day at school on Halloween morning.....
My office loved my Halloween treats that I made... the only thing I didn't get a chance to do was carve a puking pumpkin to display my guacamole.... I did Andy's Mohawk instead... but that was well worth it. They ate the guacamole anyway.....
Jim and I had bat wings and zombie brains for dinner (chicken wings and chipotle mac & cheese) and ate a little Halloween candy... The only trick or treater's we got this year was Brian, Jennifer, Dillon, Bridger and MaKella......
Kella was the princess from 'Tangled'......and wanted me to get a pic of her long hair.....
Bridger was a Ninja.... I finally got him to fix his mask so we could see his eyes... and the camera made them red!! How appropriate with his costume and for Halloween don't you think??
But after a quiet evening we went to bed...... and that was our Halloween this year.
I've just been working and teaching Relief Society... I get to teach this week. I got bumped up because of Stake Conference (at first I thought I didn't have to teach this month, but after rubbing it in to the Relief Society President, they decided the Presidency didn't need to teach and that me and Tara would just move up a week) be careful who you tease and about what.....that's the lesson I learned there.
I also got another church calling...... I'm the new KITCHEN SPECIALIST....... and no they didn't make that up just for me. There have been a few other ladies with that calling. And my first assignment is to cook lasagna for 50 people....
It's a Relief Society dinner this Thursday and I hope I can do it! I'll just do my yummy lasagna recipe and make it x5. I think that should be enough. The trouble with those things is you never know how many people are going to show up!!! Wish me luck.
Life is hard at times.... you wish for things and have dreams for things and how you would like your life to be and sometimes when your wish is actually a possibility you realize .. do I really want that now at this time in my life??? Sometimes yes and sometimes no, the timing isn't right...... All you can do is pray, and hopefully things will all work out like they are supposed to. I am a firm believer in prayer.... did you watch conference? I loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk, and then the one by Elder J. Devn Cornish called The Privilege of Prayer. I love that we can pray for even small things that are important to us, and because they are important to us Heavenly Father hears and answers them because we are important to him. I love that!!
And with that in mind, I know my week will go well..... Have a happy one too!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Love Andy's mohawk! It turned out awesome. Funny about you teasing about your Relief Society lesson and then you had to end up teaching it! You do have to be careful with your RS Presidency! haha! Good luck with your lasagna for 50 tonight. That's a big job! But lucky for them to eat your lasagna! Kitchen Specialist sounds like it was made up just for you! :)