Today I am thankful that my talk inSacrament meeting is done. Even though it's good experience to prepare and give a talk, it's awfully nice when it's done!
Today I am thankful for the help that a wise, kind Heavenly Father gave me. First, for the inspiration and answer to my prayer that I would be able to come up with a talk that might help someone and that would be what He would like me to talk on. (even though that help came at 4 in the morning last Monday... but maybe that is the time that I would be most receptive to it. I know that the early morning hours are the times I like best to put together a lesson... before the busy-ness of the day and the world have time to creep into my head.)
Today I am again thankful to my Heavenly Father for giving me the courage to give the talk.... and act like I wasn't scared when deep down inside I was nervous and felt like I was having a heart attack... and feeling like I was in a dream.....
Today I am thankful for a good friend who made a promise with me before I got up to give my talk. She knows I tend to cry sometimes when giving a talk or a lesson. I hate my crying face... and my voice when I cry. So we made a deal that everytime I felt like crying I would look at her and she would make a face at me. I looked at her a couple of times today, and sure enough she came through on her promise and make a face at me not realizing that I would just glance at her and as soon as she started crossing her eyes or making a pig face I would hurry and look away with a smile ( or else I might have laughed! )... it helped alot... but what she didn't realize was that the Bishopric and the High council man and ward chorister sitting up on the stand with us could see her as well. She said after making faces a couple of times, the High Council man was giving her a look like 'lady... you've lost it". hahahaha....what a good good friend! I promised her that when she had to speak next I would do the same for her.
Today I am thankful for my dear husband.... who hates to speak in public as much as I do, but did a great job too.. and he even cried.(I should have told him to look at my friend!) I am grateful for his testimony... and that he was baptized and that we got sealed in the temple forever... I couldn't imagine spending eternity with anyone else!
Today I am also thankful again for my dear husband who gave me a red Dutch oven for Valentines day instead of flowers or diamonds..... despite the harassment that he took from the guys he works with who teased him about it not being a very romantic gift. To me it was the most romantic thing he could have given me (along with the dark chocolate bar and cut little card that said "yours forever!" ) He knows my heart... and my passion for cooking. And today I tried out my Dutch Oven for the first time with a spicy pork roast that I shredded for tacos with pineapple salsa on the top. YUM!! I LOVE my dutch oven... I have needed one for a looooonnnnng time.
Today I am thankful for family... both my family of brothers and sisters and the examples they are to me. And also for my ward family, and the kindness and support that they give each other. You couldn't make it through this life without love and support from family and friends.
Today I am very grateful for the gospel... I couldn't get through this life and it's challenges without it. I'm so grateful for the happiness it brings and the hope it gives us.
Today I am thankful for a Loving Heavenly Father and his son, Jesus Christ.... I am thankful for this world and the beauty They put in it that is there if you only stop to notice it now and then.
Today... I am thankful for today! :o)

4 comments:
I love this post! I wish I could have heard your talks in sacrament meeting. I bet you did great! That's so cute that Jim got you a red dutch oven for Valentines Day - he knows you well! Your pork tacos with pineapple salsa sound amazing. I love your cooking blog and seeing the recipes you make. You inspire me! I am excited to make Sarah's birthday pasta. We hope you can come to Collin's blessing next week!
Your talks were great. I really enjoyed them. Diane, you have appear to speak with ease - I had no idea you had someone looking out for you in the congregation making faces. :)
Corenna
Oh, what a great post! You have such a kind tender heart. You and Jim are so cute, I love the two of you. I wish I could have come and heard your talks, I could have made piggy noses at you too! :)
I didn't get a chance to tell you on Sunday... but I loved both of your talks! You did fantastic. And you need to tell me who your friend is. ;-)
Post a Comment