Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dream a little dream..............................

Nothing exciting has happened lately in our house. Jim goes to work early, I go a little later, we come home, fix dinner and eat together. Lately we have been addicted to "The Big Bang Theory" it comes on all evening Tuesdays, Wednesday, and Thursdays. You know something? It's kind of fun being a couple again with it being just the two of us at home... although I miss my kids, and worry about them, it's nice just being me and Jim. I do need to learn to cook smaller though, It takes us all week to finish a couple of meals that I make at the first of the week, but that's okay.
Well, you know how I love cooking and catering family parties, and taking treats to the office, and making cakes for people?
A friend asked me the other day if I would think about going into the catering business with her... funny thing, she's the second friend to ask me that in the last few months!! I can't just quit my job cold turkey... with 2 kids in college and trying to help them when I can is why I work.... plus I have insurance on both of them right now too... but oh somedays it's really tempting! Don't you wish you could look into the future when you want to do something and see if it would work out?? Then you would know whether to go ahead.... I think I will though. I think me and both of those 2 friends may give it a try.... I could work at it after the job I have now and weekends. I guess that would be a little bit like giving it a shot to see if it would work before quitting all together. Maybe it will take off maybe it won't. As it is I get asked to make cakes for people I work with and family.
One day I think 'Go for it" and other days I think not. But it's one of those little dreams I have.... owning a little catering business and being able to make cakes that look professional. HMMMMM....

4 comments:

Kendall and Katy said...

That is awesome Diane! You have always wanted to do that! It is scary to try something new but if deep in your heart you feel good about it then you have to try it!

Alison said...

Go for it!!! :) I think it would be a great success!

The Martins said...

You will be GREAT! I think you should go for it too! You have wanted to for a long time! Reading this makes me happy - shoot for your dreams!

Sarah J said...

you only live once! do it. you dont wanna be 99 wishing you had done something wonderful when you had the chance!