Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!!

I have gotten a bit behind when it comes to blogging. I have just been kind of busy and with warmer weather I've been outside. But I did have my 35th birthday on April 19 (just kidding, I wish I was 35 again, I'm actually 48) When I realized how old I was I was sad... 2 years and I'll be 50. But you can't turn back time, all you can do is enjoy each day you're given. I didn't do much on my birthday other than work. Usually we get a half day off on our birthday, but the other girl I work with was running a marathon in SLC that weekend, so I ended up working all day. I did get a half day on Tuesday and went to the doc for my yearly checkup. Nothing better to do to celebrate your birthday than go to the OB GYN..hahahaha, but it's good to get a check-up. I didn't realize just how bad I had been suffering with depression!! I even cried at the doctor.... she gave me something to help, and man... I found my old  happy self again!! I didn't realize that the real me had disappeared.... kind of... at least my happy self. But after the doctor, I was going to go to the temple, but Andrew had gone back to BYU-I for his new semester, so I thought I would go visit him, help him get groceries, and take him out to dinner. I enjoyed my time with my son, we visited, and I showed him a cute little sandwich shop that is yummo, and has delicious frozen yogurt!! Couldn't think of anything better than spending the afternoon with Andrew. Don't you love the friendship that develops with your kids as they grow older??
On my actual birthday, I worked, but work gave me a cute card, and then my lovely daughter surprised me with a bouquet of flowers!!
 They arrived in the afternoon, and boy was I surprised! I LOVE flowers... just wish they lasted a little longer. Gorgeous! I was the envy of all the ladies I work with!!
After work, Jim and I got Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner, and then took cupcakes and ice cream to Mom and Dad's to celebrate. I had made a coconut-lemon cupcake with lemon curd filling that were to die for!
I even had to make more to take to work the next day they were so yummy! I will post the recipe on my food blog soon...
Mom had said the MaKella was so excited to have me come down because Mom told her I always bring my 'singing' candle for our birthday cakes. It's just a little candle that has a holder you twist that plays 'Happy Birthday' and we always try to sing along with it which is quite funny to hear. It doesn't feel like a birthday unless you have the singing candle on your cake!  But  I bet Kella thought it was going to be something like Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast....hope she wasn't disappointed... or in shock after hearing us all try to sing along with it. :)
me and Kella posing so it looks like we're blowing out the candles
oh well.. we didn't really get a good shot...
my birthday was nice though, I got lots of cute cards from everyone. Jim bought the outfit (my birthday suit!) that I'm wearing when we went to Salt Lake City together. All in all it wasn't too bad turning 48............

2 comments:

Emily said...

Happy happy birthday! You look like it was your 35th! Those are beautiful cupcakes, I love the swirled white and yellow rose frosting. You are so talented. Glad you had a good birthday filled with good food, family and a visit to the OB-gyn. :)

Alison said...

Happy Birthday D-I-D-I! I love the photos of you and McKella, how cute! You are gorgeous, I hope I can be as beautiful as you at 48! What pretty cupcakes, you are amazingly talented. And cute birthday outfit!