Sunday, May 20, 2012

my yard in the Spring....

I love my yard in the springtime when things start getting green.... and we mow the yard and plant the garden. Sometimes I just love to sit on my deck and look at it, or while I"m doing the dishes it's lovely to look out the window.....
I love that I can see my favorite mountain...... and this year there are a lot of robins out and about. We have nests in 2 of our pine trees, and there is always a fat robin out getting worms for it's babies that I can see while I'm doing the dishes.
One Saturday afternoon I had Makella come over and help me clean out the flower beds so mom could rest. She's soooo cute! We had a lovely time with her digging up the weeds, and giving us both a shower of dirt occasionally, she screamed when she found worms and scooted down to a different spot, she made lady bug houses while singing a little song, I miss having little kids around sometimes. She even made me laugh, I was proud of my shrubbery trimming and said I think my middle names is "edward" meaning "Edward Scissor Hands" (of course she wouldn't know what I meant) and she said "oh, my middle name is Bonnie"  Ha!! cute! she probably thinks my middle name is Edward for real!! Hahahaha!
They did look nice though... since then, we have put down weed mat and bark in the flower beds and they look really nice. Now I just need to get some flowers to plant here and there to brighten it up and it's good.
Kella and I decided to take a break and watch some Sponge Bob...
While we were watching T.V. a Kraft macaroni commercial came on and Kella said "mmm that looks good' and I said 'hmmm... maybe it's time to take you home for supper" and she said " Don't you have any food here?" hahahaha! I guess she didn't want to go home! I do have food... just not kraft macaroni and cheese...Andy took it all to school with him.
A few days later while I was getting ready for work, I looked out the window to the most beautiful sunrise!!!
I just had to take some pics....
Don't the clouds look like pink cotton candy??
They were so big and pink and close....
It was a gorgeous morning, and the clouds looked like cotton candy that reminded me of when I was little and we would go to Tautphaus park and ride the carnival rides and go to the zoo! Then we would always get snow cones and cotton candy. I remember riding home in the back of the car with my Grandma Lucy, and she saw me eating the cotton candy, and say "mmm that looks good" in her cute little voice. I let her taste some and she said she had never eaten cotton candy before... so we shared it together and got sticky together the way cotton candy always seems to get you. :)
Then another lovely afternoon, I walked over to the side of my house to see if I was getting any Lilacs on my lilac bushes... and noticed just how much my pear tree resembled the "Whomping Willow" on the Harry Potter movies......hahahaha!
I would rather be outside doing yard work than inside doing housework... sometimes I let the house go with a spit shine and head outside..... Don't you just love warm weather and sunshine??? I love summer!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE your yard! It is so beautiful, big and green! I love that you have a whomping willow. :) That's cute that Makella showered you with dirt and sang songs while you pulled weeds. So funny that she thinks your middle name is Edward. I liked reading your memory about Grandma Lucy eating cotton candy. Cute! No matter what you do, it always makes your hands and face sticky!

Alison said...

Oh I loved this post because I love seeing that everything I remember about Idaho is still there. I can't believe it has been nearly a year since we have been there, and it did my soul good to see all the green grass, all the space!, the mountains way in the distance, and the cotton candy clouds. I wish I could smell the air. We usually just smell exhaust and salty ocean air here. I miss your yard! I miss being in Idaho! I'm glad you had a good day outside with Makella even if she thinks your middle name is Edward! :)