Well, this year we did our annual Bergeson Bash / 4th of July party a little differently. At Mom and Dad's anniversary party last April, a few of us mentioned the up and coming 4th of July party and wondered where it was going to be this year, and if we were still going to have it. Some of us, mostly Gary and Carol, had noticed that mom and dad's house was in need of a fresh coat of paint. We thought it would be fun to get together Tuesday night, the 3rd, and have supper and visit, and those that wanted to, could sleep out. Then we would all get up early and paint the house, and eat scones and the works for breakfast. So that is what we did, although at the time of planning the big party, we didn't think about all the many hours of prep work it would take to get the house ready for paint... you can't just start painting. Thanks to Gary and Carol it was ready the morning of the 4th. They did all the prep work.... they are awesome and worked sooo hard!
Most of us gathered at Mom and Dad's house Tuesday the 3rd, for pulled pork sandwiches and plenty of salads, jello, and desserts. I even made cookie dough truffles. I must have forgotten my camera that night because I didn't have any pictures! oops! It was a pretty nice evening, a little breezy but not bad. After eating until we were stuffed, and visiting for a little bit, we all went home or to our tents to sleep and get ready for the next morning.
I got up early the morning of the 4th, and made scone dough, a fruit bowl, and honey butter. I headed to Mom and Dad's to make some scones, hash browns and mom and dad made bacon, sausage and scrambled eggs for the paint crew! Gary was up at the crack of dawn painting along with a few others....
the early crew....
Yum!! my scones and hash browns cooking...
not a very flattering pic of me... the sun was bright...I had quite the sunburn on the back of my neck!
Sarah seemed to have a hard time waking up!
cooking....
I asked Sarah and Kella to take some pics while I was cooking... and this is what I got. I didn't mean a bunch of pictures of just them... but they are cute anyway.
The many faces of Kella and Sarah....
the sillies! they did manage a few other pics too....
busy painting....
and cleaning up after a few Oops's
Carol (above) Jon and Gary below....
the paint crew.......more painting............
we all look busy!
at least Sarah and Kella were busy getting in almost every pic... and others did a lot of visiting
more silly pics.....the girls below all slept in the tree house..... I am not sure how comfortable that would be!
Jim and Virginia had a good visit, and a good game of Poker with Andrew and his friend from school...
After the house was painted, and we cleaned up, some of us went home, others stayed around and visited. Then is was lunch time and we ate the leftovers from the night before. After that every one left to go watch the fireworks where ever they had planned to go. Jim, Virginia, and me and Sarah went in to Jensen's grove. Andrew and his friend went back to Rexburg since they had school the next day, but managed to see a few fireworks along the way.
We took Jim's truck and found an awesome parking spot... the sunset was amazing while we were waiting for it to go down so the fireworks could start.
waiting for the fireworks....Sarah had a perfect spot to watch the fire works... Jim and his mom were watching netflix as they waited.
Then it was time!!
My pictures don't do them justice... they were amazing.....
then we went home. We stopped at Mom and Dad's and lit off the silly little fireworks that Sarah and I had bought.It was fun and we all had a good laugh!!
we had these little fireworks that would flash like strobe lights so Sarah and I would dance really silly and Jim happened to get a picture! LOL
Don't you love family get togethers? I'm grateful that we live in this country and for the family I have been blessed with! Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:
Hey D.I.D.I.!!! SUCH a fun post!!! I loooved seeing all the photos, it was almost like we were there. Isn't that the great thing about photos and journaling, so you can feel like you are there all over again. Brings back such great memories. Looks like a fun painting day with a banquet to boot! I'll say once again, YOU are AMAZING!!!
Also, I was wondering today.... do you ever cut vinyl sayings with your cricket? I would love a couple sayings, like "Families are Forever," etc. and was wondering if you have ever done that? If so I would love to order some from you.... if not, I'm sure I can find someone, so no worries. Just wonderin'? :)
Post a Comment