Sunday, January 13, 2013

Halloween

I am sooo behind in my blogging! So here I go a a small attempt to catch up. Autumn time came and went, don't you love Autumn with the colored leaves and the crispiness in the air? And Apple pies, apple crisp, caramel apple topping for ice cream and pancakes..... mmmmmm.  This year at my office, and me and the other two girls I work with at the order desk decided to try to get the rest of our office excited about Halloween. We decided to have a 'Zombie' Party! We put up a flyer in our break room and wanted everyone to bring a 'treat' and come dressed as Zombies. I was trying to think of a good Zombie costume when I ran across a 'Zipper face" zombie on pinterest. LOVED it!
Sarah was down for a visit a couple of weeks before Halloween,  so one afternoon we decided to go get some Halloween makeup and she needed a costume for work. We ventured out to some Halloween stores, and of course we had a grand time. Whenever Sarah and I get together you can count on us being silly and getting the giggles....
Our first stop was the Halloween Bootique....maybe we should get some masks????
But after laughing hysterically, we decided it might be hard to work with a large mask on, besides being hard to breath in them, it was rather hard to see in some of them....
We left the Halloween Bootique since there was limited makeup and thought we'd try the 'Halloween store' out in Ammon. It was awesome!!! We found a great makeup kit for blood and gore just like a Hollywood movie! The girl at the checkout helped me get what I need and even showed me how to make a wound!
                                       
It's funny when you have a realistic looking wound on your hand how it starts to REALLY hurt! It was so achy like I had slammed it in a door or something!! Of course I had to buy that kit and after I told the clerk and the other guy clerk what I was going to do with it I think they were impressed with my idea of a Zipper Zombie and thought I was rather cool (at least I thought they thought that Ha!) On the way out of the store Sarah got 'attacked' by the 'zombie' on the floor and I had to fight it off with my machete....
                            
 Luckily we made it out of the store alive! Sarah decided to wear her sparkling black dress that she wore to Homecoming in her high school days and strap a gun to her thigh, and go as a 'Bond Girl'. (but later changed her mind, and went as Zoey off of "the new girl"... I think she looks just like her)
Sarah and I made cookies the next day, I wanted to try my hand at Jack Skellington cookies and we also make some pumpkins....
                             I thought they turned out pretty good!
Sarah and I also crafted a bit... one day while I was visiting Sarah we went to the movie of "the Help" we always liked to quote it where the one lady kept telling the little girl she took care of  the "you is kind" quote. As I went to leave Provo at the time, I looked at Sarah, but couldn't remember how it when, so I said "you is proud, You is rebellious, and you is kind." We got the giggles and vowed to turn it into a picture frame, so we did. We each made one and this is mine...
I forgot to take a pic of Sarah's... then we posed for pics to put in them.... this is the one I put in mine!
                                     
    While I had my craft stuff out, I made some pics for Halloween, one to hang in my house...
and another to sit on my desk at work...
  I thought they turned out great!! I was sooo excited for my Halloween office party and was looking forward to it with excited anticipation. Halloween morning came, I had made butter  finger eyeballs.
                                                                       
  and Brain cupcakes (with raspberry filling in the middle)
                                       after all, what do zombies eat but body parts!!
Then, I headed to the bathroom to create my Zipper face Zombie, after washing off my first attempt, I did it!
I think I scared Andy when I woke him up to take my picture! I couldn't wait to get to the office and see what the others had done!!! Only when I got there I was rather disappointed... only a hand full out the the 24 people I work with dressed up! One even came as a Zombie killer....
then we had a few that were only brave enough to wear a 'Boo" shirt..
this is the girl I work next to, she came as a Zombie red riding hood...
and even my friend at work that I make cakes and stuff for brought her grandbaby in the costume I had made for him!
I guess you could say he was a "baby Mickey Zombie" but I still liked my costume best!!!
Don't you LOVE Halloween!


No comments: