Tuesday, January 22, 2013

more cakes, crafts, and cuts....

After Halloween, I took down my Halloween decor and put up Turkeys and Autumn decor... I made a few new Autumn crafts....


I also did a plate with "In all things, Give Thanks" that I did in vinyl lettering but I must have not taken a picture of it.  I also helped Jim and the Young Men make gifts for the elderly in the ward. We did wooden blocks made out of 2x4's that were about 10 inches long. Then painted the edges and mod podged scrap book paper on the top. Jim and I had found sayings like "trust in the Lord with all thine heart" and 'Families are Forever" etc. that we printed out on  creamy colored paper. Then one evening Andrew and I spent a couple of hours burning around the edges so they looked old. Then the boys mod podged those on top the scrapbook paper. We put furniture nails in the corner and Viola... a nice present for the widows in the ward. I had pictures of those on my old phone... but didnt' get a chance to save them when I got a new phone. Oh well, they turned out nice.
I also did another cake for my friend at work's niece, she had bought one of those large cupcake pans and gave it to me if I would make her a cake. This is what I came up with...
it was way fun to make! and she LOVED it.
In December I also made some little monster cakes for another friends' little boy...
he was turning 2. Dont' they remind you something off of Sesame Street? I made the eyeballs out of cake pops....
Then over last Christmas vacation I helped Bridger make a Weenie mobile for the Pine wood derby...
Brian and him had it already cut out and sanded, I just helped Bridger paint it. He did most of the painting himself! I was proud of him. He also got 2nd place for Car design. He came up with the idea himself.
Back in November, I had a mole removed. I don't know if you ever noticed my so called 'beauty mark' on my left cheek (on my face Haha) but it seemed to be getting bigger and Jim and Sarah noticed it getting bigger too. It was ruffly around the edges as well, so I thought I better go get it checked out. I go to Dr. Kay Bishop / Cameron French (Sarah is in love with Dr. French) and Cameron thought it would be a good idea to get it removed with all the history I have of suntanning, sun lamps, and indoor tanning in my younger days. I had fried my face with a sunlamp in High school.. I know... stupid thing to do, but back then a tan was deemed healthy and we were all after that Malibu barbie tan! So anyway, Cameron removed it. He did a great job, I didn't feel a thing and after I got the stitches out you could hardly tell.. plus a little dab of makeup and it's hardly noticeable.
 It was kind of ugly at first... (should have had it done before Halloween! would have looked awesome with my Zombie costume!)  But better safe now than sorry later..
It was benign thank goodness, so now I just have a dimple on that side when I smile!
I had been wanting to get my hair cut again.. into more of a a-lign bob, I have this picture of how I would love my hair to go....
I know I need to let it grow out on the top but the back of mine was getting quite long for a bob, it looked  more like a shag, so I thought I needed it cut. I had heard of this salon in Salt Lake City that specializes in Curly hair, they give you products, hair cuts, and tips for curly hair and all the reviews raved about it. So I booked an appointment with one of the most raved about stylists and away Jim and I went for a little get away and hair cut in Salt Lake City. Here is my before picture. It was on Saturday in the middle of November. I know I look a little shaggy, I didn't really spend much time on my hair that morning.......
I got to the salon, and the stylist loved my hair, she said it was soooo fun! I told her what I was thinking, and she thought about it a minute, and then said she had an idea she knew I would love since I love Meg Ryan hair do's and messy hair.. so I thought okay, Let's do it!  EEEKKKK she just whacked into my hair here and there while it was dry..... YIKES! she left these long tendrils in back and took a BIG chunk of each side of my hair that I had taken sooooo long to grow! Then she colored it, which I don't mind as much as the cut.. she put  darker brown, caramel color (which to me looked red) and light blond, this all meshed with the color already in my hair she said.... but here is an after picture...
 I know.. it's not that bad, but when you weren't expecting this cut and then every time I looked in the mirror I about died. Needless to say I think I spoiled the rest of the day for Jim and Sarah.
Sarah and Jim bonded while I was at the salon....
After my hair cut, we decided to look around in Ikea, we were kind of looking for a new computer desk. Sarah is rather silly when you go shopping at Ikea....

Here are some random pictures.... first at the motel before we left...( cllick on the pic it goes bigger so you can see all the pics better)

Then Sarah found this funny broccoli man that she thought was cute and dragged it with her through the entire store!! When we got to the kitchen area (have you ever been in Ikea?? they have bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms all set up and you can decide what you like and go downstairs and buy it in the wear house) Any way, in one of the kitchens they had all this fake food, so Sarah pretended to be 'Martha Stewart" LOL! Then she took her broccoli man to bed... met a fake horse.... and then was sad to leave Mr. Broccoli behind when we wouldn't let her buy him.... I should get it for her birthday don't you think? for a funny surprise?? LOL! (and yes, Jim was with us through all this in Ikea... although I think he wandered away from us at certain times... )
After our adventures at Ikea we decided to wander around the Fashion Place mall, and then ate at the Cheesecake Factory (our Fave when in SLC) We got samples of pumpkin cheesecake, and took cheesecake for later, back to the motel. YUM
 Doesn't Sarah look cute with bangs? She reminds me of Zoey D'Channel (off of New Girl)
Me and Jim... Jim looks a little stern. I think he was shocked at the price of my haircut (I'm just saying it was WAY expensive, and I wasn't that happy with it) Don't think I will EVER go back to that salon. Later, Jim wanted to go relax in the motel, I think he was tired of me and Sarah's shenanigans. But Sarah and I wanted to do something else, so we decided to go to 'Breaking Dawn Part 2" We were so excited!! Here we are waiting in line.....
 Sarah didn't see the 'watch your step sign' at the bottom of the stairs.... LOL (don't you think it would make more sense to have it at the top of the stairs so you were aware there were stairs??)
 but she quickly recovered after we got in the movie!! We LOVED it .. it was the best Twilight ever.. and the shocker at the end when you thought half of the Cullen's were killed.. Loved it!!
Yes... Sarah hated to admit it but she Loved it!!
We went back to our motel and Jim was asleep, so we went to bed after tasting our cheesecake.
Sunday morning after breakfast, we decided to look around at the new Scheel's store in Salt Lake, it just happened to be by our motel. That's a way fun store, especially with Sarah. There were sooooo many photo opportunities that we had to take advantage of... it's hilarious..... (click on the picture and it makes the collage bigger so you can see the pics better)
I had sooo many pictures that I created a collage so it wouldn't be a mile long post... but look close at all the pics... You should really go shopping with us.. I think Jim even had fun this time! In the middle of Scheels they have a humongous Ferris Wheel. And you can get a token for a dollar at the check out stand. So there's one pic where we are holding our tokens and another where we are screaming... or trying to look like we were screaming. It was fun and terrifying at the same time. I'm scared of heights and of course they stopped us at the very top of the thing to load more people on. I thought I was gonna die. After Scheel's we had to say good-by to Sarah so she could go back to Provo and we had to head back to B-town. All in all it was a fun little get away... and I did get used to my hair. (after I cut off the long tendrils in the back) :)

No comments: