The month of December was a busy one. I did get my shopping done pretty easy this year... mostly gift cards (perfect for college age kids I think) but I got a few fun surprises for them everyone too!
We did the yearly 'treat the office' at work, this year I did fruit with coconut fruit dip and key lime dip, then homemade cheese stick crackers, and cinnamon nuts... Went over well I think.
Then after that was all done, Andrea and I decided we needed a 'Sveaty balls' party (have you ever seen the Svetty ball' episode of Saturday night live? if not you need to go look on You Tube)
So the office all wore 'Ugly' Christmas sweaters and we all brought Sveatty balls, I made ginger bread balls and key lime balls....
And we had a big Cheese ball and Oreo balls........ and the photo below is all the ugly sweaters in teh office and our ugly office Santa........
Then..... Christmas came.... For Christmas Eve I made Chowder and we had Mom and Dad over for a Christmas Eve game of scrabble(that's are favorite thing anymore... scrabble games)
We LOVE our scrabble games.......
I had surprised the kids this year with their Christmas ornaments. They got me hooked on the TV series 'The Walking Dead' and we had been watching the old episodes we had missed and couldn't wait for the new season to start. If you don't know, it's about Zombies... so I looked up Zombie ornaments and found some!!!
Sarah got a Christmas stocking (with the foot still in it) and a Zombie Gingerbread man.... Yes.. she still makes the face she did when she was a little girl posing for pics!! LOL
Andy got a Candy cane arm and hand shaped like a Candy cane and a zombie gingerbread man...
They loved them!
Then I had one more surprise for Christmas eve.... red flannel bum pajama's for all of us!!! Yay!
Should make one of these our Christmas card pic for next year shouldn't I???
We all went to bed after that with visions of sugar plums (and zombie ornament and red pj's) in our heads!
Christmas morning we slept in, then got up and did the usual Christmas breakfast at Mom and dad's with scones, fruit, quiche, scrambles eggs, bacon , sausage and eat to our hearts content YUM! I thought I had pics of our breakfast feast but alas I didn't take any. After breakfast.. which lasted all morning. We came home to open our presents......
Finally... I got a slight smile from Jim....
As you can see I kept my long johns' on all morning!!!
After Jim passed out the gifts... we began taking turns opening them!!
How can Jim NOT smile with that person handing him a present!! LOL
Then after that I got ham and sour cream potatoes in the oven for dinner in the evening with Mom and Dad. LOVE ham and sour cream potatoes!!! And of course we ended our day with a game of Christmas Day scrabble. I had also gotten us a game of Head Bandz.... LOVE it!
And that was our Christmas 2012... I'm so thank-ful for the times I spend with my family and the happy memories we make to keep with us always. Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment