Saturday, November 9, 2013

Catching up............

Ok, seriously, the year is about over and I haven't even written about New Year's and things clear back in January! So the next few posts are going to be my year in review! and I can't believe, I haven't even ordered a blog book for 2012 yet. Good grief...does time seem to be going by faster than ever?
Any way, 2013 came ... with a bit of snow! This picture is New year's Day....
 This picture is from January 2nd, was cold and everything was covered with frost! Beautiful!
I can't even remember what we did on New's Eve and Day, I know we probably tried to stay up till midnight but I usually fall asleep. Seems I got up and made homemade Chinese food and took to Mom and Dad's since Brian and Jennifer and their family were here for the holidays. I made Mongolian beef, sweet and sour chicken, and chow mien... Yes that's what I did because mom and dad had gotten a rice cooker. I think Jim and I went out to dinner somewhere.... Happy 2013!
January went as usual, with work, and Andy was back in school at BYU-I and loving it. Sarah was back at UVU and seemed to be doing great. Andrew's birthday is January 20th, and this year he was soooo happy to be back at school that he didn't even want to come home ! So I thought I would make him some birthday cupcakes and take to him for so he could share with his roommates. He and his roommates have really been into game nights and they even joined a 'Bronie" club,(stands for brothers who like Ponies, as in my little pony.... there are video games they play and a comic book or something .. I know, silly but that's what he is into) so I found little 'my little pony' figurines and some comic book character figures for the cupcake toppers... 


They turned out pretty cute! So on Andy's birthday we took the cupcakes and met him at the Verizon store in Idaho Falls. We got him an I-phone 5 for his birthday. He needed a new cell phone for sure! Then we took him to dinner at a restaurant of his choice. He picked Garcias....he LOVES fried ice cream!
Happy Happy 24th Birthday Andrew! We LOVE you!
Over the weekend it warmed up enough and was perfect for a snowman...
 Can't remember what I named him... but he was a cute one! I made him by myself.......
The next weekend was Kylie and Jordan's birthday. They lived with Mom and Dad for their senior year of high school since Brian got a job in Fort Collins, Colorado, and moved the family. They wanted to finish school with their friends. So I made them a red velvet cake with cream cheese filling....
                                                                   It was delicious!
 Happy Birthday Kylie and Jordan!
I also crocheted a little in January... I made this uni-scarf....
 and these cute little booties for a friends baby shower gift.
We had a super bowl party at work this year... so I made these cookies for the party. We always have a super bowl pool where everyone chips in 50 cents for a square on the score board sheet. It's kind of fun to break up the monotony of January. 
And that was my January in a nut shell. I love my family and the fun things we do together. I like work ok and having office parties. Anything you can do to enjoy life I say just do it :)

No comments: