Monday, July 21, 2014

Life is busy.....

I haven't posted much lately... I have posted recipes but tend to neglect this blog. We just had girl's camp and talked about how important it is to write a journal. Yes this is my journal. Being in Young Women's has taken a lot of time, plus I was asked to make a wedding cake for a friend, and I work too. Work hasn't been bad. I got moved to a different office and we had our hours cut back to 30 a week...which meant  every other Tuesday off and the other tuesday I would get off a 2. I needed that. Sometimes you just need a day to your self, or a day to prepare for Young Women's or a day you can schedule doctor appoints.. you name it.
But alas, I'm back to 40 hours a week. Today I needed to call in sick..... so here I am journaling :)
I am going to try to catch up on the important things that have happened the last year... i'm just a little over a year behind. but I will also write my thoughts in now and then.
I love having projects to do that use my create-ability... I have another wedding cake in august. I'm not going to get myself too busy, I just will do them for friends and family. I don't charge much, I like to do them for fun and the experience. :)
I also like to experiment with cookies and frosting them differently. I made some for  the same wedding I made the cake for . Here are some pics....
 I made the flowers form gum paste and the lace was edible lace that I tried out for the first time ever. I was happy with the way the cake turned out  and so was the wedding party .
 I love the way these cookies look... they were way fun to make.
But I guess I should go... got to start on the gum paste flowers for my next cake in august, making tiger lilies and  briar roses... :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh my goodness! That wedding cake is absolutely gorgeous!! And those cookies are so beautiful! They look like real flowers. You are talented Didi!