
Sarah got her tonsils out on Monday. She had been getting sick with a sore throat and just feeling icky since last October. I'd take her into the clinic and they'd run tests and give her antibiotics and she'd just start feeling well, and then her medicine would be gone and she would get sick again. So we decided to go to an Ear, Nose and Throat specialists and he said to take them out.
The surgery went well, no complications. Her tonsils were about the size of walnuts, and gross.... Sarah asked if she took take them home in a jar. Hahaha... And the first thing she said when she woke up from the surgery was "Can we go shopping?" she said it a couple of times to the nurses, and of course they wanted to go! LOL. That's my little shopaholic Sarah!!:o)
She had a hard time keeping stuff down at first, and slept alot. But the 2nd day she felt pretty good, and could eat pretty good, so I thought this would be an easy recovery. We watched "The Holiday" with Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz, I highly recommend that movie, it was good. We cried....
Then on Wed., seemed her throat was way sore.... she didn't like eating as much. But we watched "The Time Traveler's Wife" and cried, that's a good movie too! (chick flick) and after lunch and a shower, we watched "The Boy in the Striped Pajama's" and we both cried some more, and felt a little down, a good movie, but terrible subject.
Dave came and brought her flowers, Mom and Dad gave her new Betty Boop PJ's, and we gave her flowers too.
These are the flowers from Jim, and Andy and me, (love how the roses are opening
These are the flowers from Dave... I Love Gerbera Daisies!
I made homemade soup, and bread for dinner. And mashed potatoes with pureed soup for Sarah. Dave ate with us, and I made rice krispie treats for Jim. We were all eating and watching TV and all of a sudden Sarah burst into tears!! She was hungry and we were eating good stuff... the Poor little thing! And there wasn't anything to watch on TV. So I got her medicine, and ice chips to suck on while I warmed up mashed potatoes with gravy. And we watched "Fiddler on the Roof"! That perked her right up..... I haven't watched that movie for a very long time. It's rather funny!! We'll finish that one today.
I'm just glad I'm here and able to take care of her while we both finish recovering. I'm not ready to go back to work yet. I go back on March 22, Hope I'll be able to sit that long all day....
I'm so thankful for the power of fasting and prayer and for priesthood blessings.... where would we be without that in our lives??? Kind of scary to think about.
Now I"m just wondering what to fix for Sarah today?? she gets tired of jello, pudding, ice cream and Popsicles... and wants something not sweet. I'll think of something......
1 comment:
Oh, poor Sar! She's lucky to have a mom like you. You're creating some good memories to look back on, so cute you can cry together watching chick flicks. Hope her recovery is quick and both of you get feeling back to normal. Love you guys!
Post a Comment