Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Jim!

Sunday was Jim's 46th Birthday! He's older than me for a month!! We had a fun weekend. First of all on Friday, I made Tamales for Jim's Birthday, cuz that's what he picked for his B-day dinner.
Then on Saturday we got up and went to Idaho Falls and he found 2 pairs of shoes that he needed, and I bought him a new CD. We ate at Red Robin because we had a coupon for a free "Birthday Burger". We just had a fun day with the two of us. Then we came home and I made Cheesecake for him too!
Sunday came, I didn't have to teach YW's but had agreed for Jim and I to say the prayers in Sacrament meeting. YIKES! I had planned on giving the closing prayer, so I was ready for that... then when the meeting started the guy conducting didn't see Jim, so he announced I was giving the opening prayer!!! EEEKKKKK! I guess I did okay, but it threw us off.
We came home and ate our Tamale dinner, with rice and beans, and corn. Then after relaxing a bit we had our Cheesecake with Blueberries on it. Mom and Dad came over for our little party.


It was a fun day. But then we had to pack Sarah up to go back to Rexburg. I was sad. Our fun recovering period was over.... we had such a good time together, now it was back to work for both of us. Sarah gets to start at Melaluca and I had to go back to my normal job.
I was heartsick for Sarah to just be home like she used to be. But she loves her new job, and is feeling better than she did before, her throat is almost healed and not as sore as it was. She's going to start with classes in April. I hope all goes well for her.
I can't believe how tired I get working... by noon I'm exhausted and have to come home for lunch and take a 10 minute nap. By Friday I wasn't sure I was going to make it. But I had a doctor appointment this morning for a follow up and I'm healing well, just like I should be. But it could take up to 3 months for me to get my stamina back. But I can start walking on the tread mill and other things I used to do, just have to start of slow and work my way up.
Andy is painting Sarah's old room a cactus green, and then is going to move in there. I'm going to make a craft room out of his room. This week was Andy's spring break so he got a good start on it. Hopefully we'll get it all painted by this weekend, and then he can slowly start to put his stuff in while he goes back to school next week.
Jim is taking online classes to finish getting his degree. He started this March. Hope all goes well and he'll pass his classes and get his degree. It will help with jobs in the future if necessary.You never know what might happen, but he's doing good at the job he has now, and is happy.
Well, I'm exhausted after today, so I'm going to go rest.

2 comments:

Sarah J said...

you're cute mom. i look drunk in that picture of me tho :S haha

Alison said...

You made it a great birthday for Jim! Looks yummy! Sounds like a lot is going on at your house with the painting and the online classes. Good luck to everyone with everything! And hope you and Sarah keep feeling better and better!