Sunday, May 23, 2010

My Morning.....

Well this morning was a weird morning. Usually on the 4th Sunday of the month, we have correlation meeting. So I got up and went over to the church by 7:00 am, and walked in and they had changed it to the welfare meeting cuz of Stake Conference last week. Ugh..... I had gotten up early to ... get the worm? you know "the early bird gets the worm"? I kind of felt like I'd gotten the worm....So I came home and got on FB, then got some dinner preparations out of the way. It wasn't so bad, and later in the day the bishop apologized for not calling me....
When I get on my blog and I go to other people's recipe blogs and wonder if I should do something different on mine.. and wonder if my recipes are good to other people like how I think of other peoples blogs and recipes.. I guess I was hoping I'd go to church and hear compliments about it or something. But anyway, I walked in to church to go down the stairs to the YW's room, and I don't know what happened, if I was tired from being up early that I felt like I was in a fog? or my heel got caught on the steps or what? But I fell down the first 3 steps, and it made a loud noise, and I think I gave Austin Williams a heart attack... good grief.. and it was 5 to 9, so all the men were in the priesthood room. (no one came out to see if I'd killed myself) but I was sooooo embarrassed I hurried and got up and walked to the YW's room with nothing hurt but my pride. I guess when you go to church hoping for compliments, the Lord finds a way to humble you a little, and bring you down to earth. (I'm mean really down to earth :o) ). Then my daughter (who seems wise for her years at times) after laughing with me as I told her what happened, said I should go to church to give praises to others and the Lord, and not seek them for myself. So true, so true. After laughing with Sarah and the YW after I told them what happened, (I laughed so hard I cried,) I felt better and had a better time at church. I will have to remember what I learned today.
Sarah and I got to hold Katy's baby Max and feed him. He's sooo cute and makes the cutest noises! Jim got called to be the Young Men's President of our ward. He'd only been released from being the 2nd counselor in the Stake Young Men's Presidency for only 5 days, and he had received this other calling. He'll do good, he has a way with relating to the young kids in the ward, even though he feels a bit over whelmed.
We had a good weekend... Sarah came home and we had a good time Friday watching "Kate and Leopold" and just being together.
The weather has been odd.... We'll have warm sunshine, wind, hail, and yes, even snow yesterday. It froze last night and my poor tulips were hanging their heads this morning in despair from the cold.
My onions are doing okay, and my peas are starting to grow in the garden. Hopefully when all the other veggies start to grow the weather will stay warm. I also need/want to get some flowers and plant around to brighten up the yard.
I do love rainbows though and after the rain I always go out and look for a rainbow. I took this picture a week or two ago after a really hard rain storm. Guess it's appropriate after my little calmity this morning (which was like a rain storm) that I learned a lesson and had a good laugh with my girls (which in a way is like a rainbow...........

1 comment:

Sarah J said...

Mom!
I just love you! You are such a wonderful amazing woman! I had the best time this weekend! :) you're the best! You're my best friend and I look up to you so much! Sorry you feel down some stairs :( But remember, church isn't for compliments, but its about going to serve Christ and others. So is every other day as well. When we are humble, we help bring others up. I've noticed when I try to focus on building others, little sincere and amazing things are told to me/happen to me from/by others that lift me too! I know you are humble and always build others up, I'm just expounding on what I said before :) I just love you so much! thank you for being an amazing woman, mother, and friend! I look up to you soooo much! I'm grateful for our relationship! Family is my favorite thing. I love you tons! Thanks for the best weekend! next will be just as fun :)
love ya
sar