
Don't you love Sundays?? I do... they're so different from any other day of the week. Sure some Sundays are really busy with early meetings, giving lessons, and sometimes more church meetings that at the time you really don't want to leave home and go to but once you get their you're happy you went, and leave feeling more peaceful and happy than you were before.
Today was a good day at church. We had a good lesson in Yw's and I had a 7:00 am meeting that went well. But today was a bit different. I got to go with my husband and some of the YW and YM in our ward to the Willows retirement home. I walked in and there were two of my beehives playing the piano and another came with me to give a talk. And there were two deacons and a priest to help bless and pass the sacrament. And I looked at the people waiting there to partake of the sacrament, some were in dresses, others were in pants, and some had their hair combed, and some didn't. I looked in their faces, and in some I could see my Grandma Bergeson, other ladies I recognized from when they would come in and get groceries when I worked in Albertson's Bakery. I don't' have any living grandparents anymore, and I miss them. I watched as we held a Sacrament meeting, we sang hymns, and took the Sacrament, some had a hard time because of their physical limitations, and others didn't, but they helped each other. I just watched and got tears in my eyes... I admired them, and felt bad for them and the lives they had lived, and the things that they knew, and now they were there, waiting for us to come help them have that little piece of the Sabbath that we take for granted. I admired them for being there, I wished I could give them something of me... I know how they must be lonely and miss the time of their lives when they could come and go as they please.
I also admired the girls who came and played the piano, and lead the music and spoke. I know I probably didn't even think of that when I was that age. I admired the deacons that were there to pass the sacrament, and the priest who came to bless it with my husband.
I admired my husband, who, after the meeting, helped wheel an elderly lady to the sitting room and helped her to a more comfortable chair.
I admired the little gentleman sitting next to her with his wife, who later asked me who that big gentleman was that did that for that little lady, and wanted to commend him for doing it, and thought it was awfully nice of him.
Later I went to a YW's meeting and was reminded of the things that I need to do in my calling to help the YW in my ward, and I admired the ladies that spoke and shared their testimonies. I love the feeling I get when I'm at church meetings and just spending time with other people in the church. It helps boost my spirit, so I can make it through another busy day at work.
I also love beautiful music, it's another thing that just by listening to it can make me cry... my husband likes to say it pulls at my heart strings. I especially like the "Redeemer" song that is on my playlist on my blog by Paul Cardall. And if you know David Tolk that plays the piano, I really love the song called "For Lisa". I cry to that too... and another song by Paul Cardall is "Gracie's theme". They make me want to go by sheet music and practice the piano and be able to play like I used to.
By the end of Sunday, I feel ready to start the week, and do the things that are necessary in this life. But by Saturday, I'm ready to be filled with the peace and comfort that Sundays bring, no matter how busy, or how quiet the day will be.
1 comment:
I'm thankful for Sundays too. And good music always makes me cry, especially when I'm pregnant. I even cried during Shrek a couple weeks ago. These hormones! But also the Spirit, so thankful for that and that is does touch our hearts, pulling on our heartstrings!
Post a Comment