
I was sitting out on the deck the other day and thinking... so I thought of 7 random things I love about summer...
1. I love the longer days. I love sunshine and no matter what I'm doing if the sun is shining, I'm in a better mood.
2. Clear warm summer nights. I love to sit out on the deck and enjoy the peace of the evening when it's barely dark and the star are just coming out. You can hear crickets, frogs, birds... and quiet. The other night me, Andrew, Sarah and Dave were sitting out there enjoying a night just like that. The moon was one of those slivers where it looks like a cheshire cat smile, and there were two stars right at the right spot to look like eyes... so I said "Look! Heaven is smiling upon us" and kind of rolled my hand into a point so the kids would look... and I got laughed at. Now I get teased all the time about heaven smiling upon us.... but it was and is. :o)
3. I love family BBQ's! The 4th of July was the funnest yet!! I love having family over and cooking for people, whether it's just my immediate family or all my brothers and sisters enjoying each others company and getting to know all there kids... fun! I guess I love to make people happy, and I love cooking for them and have them enjoy it, and sit around and visit and just be together.
4. I love growing a garden. I love the fact that you put a little hard seed in the dirt, water it and with the sunshine it grows into food. I love the miraculousness of it all.(is that a word? Well, it is for me) I don't mind weeding, or the harvesting or the canning, cuz I enjoy eating it all winter long. It gives me time to think while I'm out weeding and I love feeling the sun shining on my back...
5. I love to watch the birds in my back yard. Just sitting out on my deck all kinds of birds flutter around looking for worms. I saw 3 robins fighting over a worm the other day. And I've noticed all kinds of colored birds other than robins around. I like the little kill deer birds that run fast when you drive by and they are by the road. I like to listen to the birds sing. I will be sad when they fly south for the winter.
6. I love my flowers that I've planted and my rose bushes. I love the way they smell, and when new little rosebuds are just about to open or have opened just slightly, that's how I like them best. Not sure which is my favorite color of flower...love them all.
7. I love mowing the lawn... Beats housework! I love the smell of fresh mown grass! And then you put the sprinkler on it and it smells even better. I love to sit and look and my yard... can't imagine being anywhere else. I love to walk barefoot through the grass (which explains my ugly feet) but you can't wear shoes all the time in the summer.
Isn't summer time the best?? I'd way rather be too hot than too cold. You can sit and feel hot and eat popsicles and watermelon, and ice cold lemonade, but when you're cold it's almost painful. At least it is for me.
And those are my few random thought's of summer......
1 comment:
Didi, you are the CUTEST!
Post a Comment