
Juli was trying to think of something to give to their Mom on the twins' birthday on the 20th. Everyone has been doing things with pictures in frames and sayings and things like that. I had given Juli a pot pourri doll years ago when I was really into making them. So she thought maybe I could make two for her friend, Mandy.
One liked to wear blue, and the other twin liked to wear purple. I thought I would make them if I could find all the right stuff, I hadn'd made them in years. But as luck would have it, I had some of the wooden blocks that I made the bodies out of left. But I couldn't find the wooden balls I do the heads with anywhere. Then as I was cleaning out my storage unit, I ran across a box of wood pieces for painting and inside were 3!!! Then I had to try to find doll hair. I think every craft store is moving away from doll making. But I had Andrew look in Sierra's in Pocy, and they had some!!! So I began to paint. I hadn't painted forever, and had a hard time with the eyes. But I after painting one face, and having it not look right and starting over, I did it! Then I had trouble finding pot pourri... but I found a little and combined it with stuffing to stuff the legs and arms so they smelled good. I got them done, and I think they turned out pretty cute. Here's a pic.
I also made a little block with a saying on it to go with them...
Juli was excited with them. I hope her friend likes them and that they will add a smile to her day. I enjoyed making them.
And that's what I've been busy doing this last week......
2 comments:
These dolls are darling. You are very talented! I like the quote you used for their family. I bet they will love this gift!
Oh how sweet. Those turned out adorable, Di-di. That is so sad for them, but what a sweet reminder of their little angels in heaven.
Post a Comment