Last night I went with Sarah to help her get settled back into her apartment after she spent the last 3 weeks with us. She kept crying and didn't want to leave, but once we got up there and got things settled she was excited for school to start again. She's changed her major and is going into to communications/broadcasting. She even saw Jay Hildebrandt at the fair, and he remembered her from when she waited on him and Johnny Carino's! She's in his class at BYU-I! I really hope all things go great for her this year, and she can get good grades and maybe intern with one of the news channels here.
Speaking of the fair, Jim and I were both off on Labor day, so we got up and went to the fair for breakfast/lunch. It was not to bad!! We thought the crowds would be terrible, but it wasn't! One of our favorite things to get is the trout at the "Here we have Idaho Trout" barn. They have great fish and fries too! Yum!! Then we wandered around a little, looked at vacuums at the Brady's booth. Jim really liked one of the vacuum's. While we thought about it we just had to go get an egg roll of course, sure helps with the decision making. Then we went back and bought the vacuum! It's awesome, had to try it out when we got home, and it really fluffed up our carpet!!
We ran into Sarah and Vanessa at the fair, and had to top off our eating with Reed's dairy ice cream! Jim got Huckleberry, Sarah got cookies and cream, and I had to get my very favorite, Burnt Almond Fudge on a waffle cone. Needless to say we were full!! We wandered a bit more and looked at lawn mowers, and Sarah looked at the puppies in the petting zoo, there was the cutest little chihuahua--(not sure if I spelled that right!) But we said maybe when she graduates college she can get a little dog to carry around in her purse.
On Sunday, we did the normal church and things, but I made Dad a cake for his birthday, and we took it down with ice cream and helped celebrate. His birthday was actually Tuesday, the 7th, but we had the cake, so might as well celebrate early! Kim and Ang came down, and so did Brian and Jennifer and their family. It was fun.
My dad looks great for an 84 year old I think.
Jim and I had been talking about changing our storage unit for a long time, we had one on the shady side at Groveland Storage and in the winter the door would freeze shut from snow and water build up. So we asked Trudy Scott if we could get one on the sunny side, and we could! So that's what we did all day Saturday, moved and sorted stuff from one storage unit to another. It was good to get done. But what a dusty, messy chore. But it's more organized now, and will be nice to be able to get into it in the winter. And I ran across all my jigsaw puzzles! I just had to bring them home and I've been doing one all week!! I used to love to sit in my room and do jigsaw puzzles while I listened to my "Journey" records back in JR high/ high school!
And that was my holiday weekend!
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend! The cake you made for Grandpa is beautiful. He does look great for being 84! I like jigsaw puzzles too. They are so relaxing! Glad you had a fun weekend!
Grandpa does look amazing for 84! Your cake looks divine. And I remember me and Jill Andelin loving your Journey songs too in your brown trans am. You were the coolest ever! :) Hope Sarah likes her classes too!
Post a Comment