We got started...it was tough picking out the patterns because there were so many cool ones to choose from. I go to zombiepumpkins.com and get a membership, that way I can print out any pattern as many times as I want, and the money goes to a charity. Good deal I think. Anyway .... we got started.....
I think the worst part of carving pumpkins is scooping out the guts...
but we decided to try roasting pumpkin seeds.... so Macie scooped out about a cup and a half of them. We rinsed them off, and tossed with melted butter and sprinkled with salt. Then toasted at 300 degrees for about 45 minutes. Mmmmmmm tasted like popcorn.
We also took a little break and made sugar cookies. I just happened to have sugar cookie dough in my fridge. Also found some Halloween sprinkles. Yum!
Here are what our pumpkins turned out like.....
Dalan did "The Tooth Fairy" and Macie did "Head Cheerleader"
These are mine.... Andrew picked out the "Zombot", then I did "I'm gonna get you" and the last one is "Sam" from a Halloween movie "Trick-or-Treat" which Andrew later informed me is an evil little creature who goes after trick-or-treaters with apples filled with razors.... ewwww...
I thought they turned out way cool! Don't you just love carving pumpkins!!!!
Later after my pumpkins were lit and the kids had gone home, Andrew and I decided to settle down and see if there were some scary Halloween movies on... and of course there was. We caught the end of "28 Days", and the beginning of "Jeepers Creepers II". The wind had picked up, and it had started to rain and thunder. All in all in was a perfect "spooky" evening.
All of a sudden we heard a light tapping on our front door!! We looked over to our door and this is what we saw!!
Creeped us both out for a minute!! I'd forgotten about our Grim Reaper, Robert P. Grimley,(The P. stands for putrid) that was hanging on our front door!!! The storm had flipped him over and his hand that is supposed to be waving hello was lightly tapping on the door, as if to say "Hey, there's a storm going on out here and it's cold, let me come in!!" Goodness, gave us both a little scare! hahaha. But we brought him in and hung him on the inside of the door.
This is what he's supposed to be doing....
See... he's really a friendly, smily guy welcoming our guests... until a storm blows up!!!!
Here is a fun recipe that my neice-in-law had posted! I think I will give it a try!
http://lovelypraiseworthy.blogspot.com/2010/10/spider-soup.html (just copy and paste the link into your browser search and hit go!)
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
2 comments:
Those pumpkins are amazing! They turned out awesome! Great job! That would scare me to death to have Robert P. Grimley looking in my window! That's so funny. Happy Halloween!
That looks like lots of pumpkin carving fun! I'm sure those 2 kiddos love you. That would freak me out to have Mr. Grimley looking inside! Especially after watching scary movies! Ahhhh! :)
Post a Comment