So I prayed that if there was any way that he wouldn't have to go and that Sarah and him could be together and be happy and if it was meant to be then please to let Dave come home.
Well guess what, on Oct 9th, Sarah got a text message that Dave had been in an accident, he was okay, but had been in an accident.
He'd gone out running, because they make them run really hard everyday, and it was kind of dark out and they were running on really rough terrain, and he lost his footing with his left leg, and went to catch himself with his right leg, and broke his leg REALLY bad. He went to the hospital and they x-rayed it and put it in a cast. He had a broken his leg 3 inches above his ankle. They ended up having to do surgery and putting a permenant rod in his leg this last Tuesday. The surgery went well, but he is in a lot of pain. He had the surgery in the military hospital in Mississippi and will be in recovery in Georgia for a few months. Then in December if it's healed he still might have to go to Iraq, but his doctor said more than likely it will take 4 months to heal and then he'll have therapy to go through, and there isn't any way he could go to Iraq and carry the heavy packs they make them carry, so he'll probably get to come home. Possibly by Christmas.
He should heal fine and be able to walk and be his normal self. I guess I'm happy for both of them.
I just hope and pray he heals up fine and will be able to come home and not go to Iraq.
But it just shows you, that you need to be careful what you pray for. But I think it was meant to be. If Dave had gone to Iraq who knows what could have happened, maybe this is the Lord's way of keeping him safe.
Now, we just need to keep Sarah occupied until he gets home. Maybe we will be making wedding plans soon??? or at least sooner than we thought?
I like this pic of the two of them... aren't they a cute couple??

I also got new furniture!!! My whole married life I haven't been able to buy new living room furniture...we've always had hand-downs. Blacker's sent us an invitation to a "Bare Bones" sale where things were marked as low as they could go for a few special people. (I guess because we've boughten a washer and dryer and fridge there before) So we thought we'd go check it out, thinking it would be like other times we've gone and not really found anything we've liked....
well I was wrong! we found a couch and love seat and a new dining room set, and a complete bedroom set that we loved! But we couldn't get all of it. So we had to decide between living room and dining room or a new bedroom.
I thought since our couch was soooooo worn out we'd better go with that. So here's a pic of what we bought
a new love seat.....both sides recline
a new sofa.... both ends recline
and our new dining set. It has a bench seat on the one side and a hidden leaf that folds out and makes the table bigger...
It's so nice!! But in the middle of the night I woke up almost sick thinking of my old furniture gone, and the money we spent and wishing I could take it all back.
But then I woke up in the morning and went out and looked at it all and I'm way happy. I guess once in a while you have to spoil yourself. After all, I'd been married how many years with hand-me-downs??
Life is good...........
3 comments:
this is great news :) and he's for sure coming home!! :) ps. i have the dress, shoes, flowers, cake and ring all pciked out...just in case. i love that boy!
i love your beautiful furniture :)
Oh, I'm happy for Sarah and Dave! (minus the broken leg pain) They are adorable! And gorgeous furniture!!! I'm jealous! It looks so nice. You deserve it!
Ohhh!! They are just meant to be together!! What perfect timing for a broken leg! I'm so happy they can be together by Christmas. Wedding bells are ringing... :)
I love your new furniture - it is beautiful!
Post a Comment