Looks like winter is here to stay... and with it comes the worry of worrying about your kids and loved ones driving in it, and will they be safe, and hoping they don't get stuck, and will the other people drive safely so they don't cause accidents. Oh, how I wish we could all hibernate for the winter and be together like we are during the holidays, and all be safe at home and not have to go out and about.
This is out our back door....
These are out our front door.....
We had a fun afternoon of eating Lasagna and Carrot cake afterwards for my Mom's birthday dinner. Her birthday is tomorrow and we thought we'd have a little celebration to carry on with the holiday weekend. It was fun. We also played games and had a few laughs.
Dad blew out the candles for Mom cuz she had a cold and didn't want to blow germs on the cake!
Sarah and Dave decorated our tree.... they did a fine job!
But then afterwards, the realization that the week was over and the kids have to drive back to school hit me and I got a bit sad. I love it when we are all here enjoying each others company, and we are safe and warm. But I guess we each have to get on with our own lives... if we stayed all together then we might get tired of each other , and we would run out of money, eventually we'd have to work... I guess what I'm trying to say is "I don't like snow"!
I also dislike being cold, when your cold it's almost painful, your hands and feet hurt, but when you are hot, you can fan yourself, eat a popsicle or just sit and sweat, but it's not that painful....
I just hope and pray that we all get to where we need to be and all goes well this week... despite the snow.
1 comment:
I can't believe how much snow collected on your deck! We have had quite the winter weather! Looks like a wonderful birthday party for Grandma B.
Dave and Sarah look so happy together.
Post a Comment