Thursday, February 10, 2011

A fun SuperBowl Weekend!

This last weekend was lots of fun!!!
I had Friday off so that Sarah and I could go for her final fitting of her wedding dress at Fantasy Bridal in Salt Lake City. Our appointment was at 11:00 am! We got up early and left around 7:30 in the morning. That's quite early for Sarah, so after getting a sausage biscut at Jack-in-the-box, I drove and she fell asleep and slept for over an hour.
I had a good time driving and listening to my music!
We finally got to Fantasy Bridal right on time for our appointment. Sarah was sooo excited and the minute she saw her dress she fell in love with it again!
This is her face when she first put it on... I won't post the whole pic of the dress... we don't want Dave to see it!!

She looked so beautiful in it!! All the ladies in there were ranting and raving, and they loved her shoes! AND while she was looking in the mirror, the owner came out, with our entry for their free dress giveaway, and we had WON!!! a free dress up to $599.00 ! So I get a check for that amount which totally makes up for the down payment I had lost on the other dress!!
They did such a good job on alterations, the dress fit like it was made for Sarah and totally looks like her!! And we found a beautiful Bird Cage veil that looks awesome with the dress! oh how exciting!!!
The little lady that owns the store measured for the hem, and would have the dress completely done and ready for us to take home at 5! So we left, and drove for quite a while in a deep conversation before realizing we were heading to the wrong mountains (ended up way out in West Jordan) we finally made our way back to spaghetti factory. Then shopped at the Fashion place mall, where we indulged in chocolates from See's Candy. You defintly need to try the Key Lime Truffles there.. mmmmmmm!
Then it was time to go back for the dress before we knew it! Sarah tried it on again and it was perfect,and this time the store was full of other brides and moms, and they all couldn't get over how stunning Sarah looked in hers!
As we were getting ready to go, the owner gave us a Bride's survival kit, and had taken pictures of Sarah in her dress to post on there website since she was January's winner!! I still can't believe it!! Hooray! Fantasy Bridal is definitly an awesome shop and I would highly reccommend it to anyone who needs a wedding dress. Then we headed off for home! What a great day!

These pics are on our way out to go home!! Sarah couldn't believe she got a dress!!


Saturday, Jim and I had to clean the church, then I cleaned our house, then it was grocery shopping time, and then I made Brownie covered Oreo's .. whew! what a busy day!
I got a call to have a visit with the Bishop on Sunday at 11:30! Goodness, I had all kinds of thoughts on what my new church calling was going to be. I was sooooo sure I'd be in the nursery or Primary somewhere!
BUT!!! I get to be a Relief Society teacher!! YIKES!!! I was soooo excited to be able to stay in Relief Society, but now the realization that I'm actually going to have to teach has sunk in.... I'm a bit overwhelmed and hoping I can do as well as other ladies have. I have often wondered how other ladies do it.. I"ve been sooo impressed with their lessons! And now that's going to be me!
I was set a part after church, and I hope I can do well.
Then we watched the super bowl, and ate... and ate! I made pizza roll appetizers, then buffalo chicken sandwiches and Teriyaki chicken sandwiches, and potatoe skins, and of course chips and salsa and guacamole. YUM!! I love food....

Didn't take many pictures this weekend... The above are Jim's hands... so he was actually there...


The game was good, and Sarah and Dave had spent Saturday night with us, and Andy didn't even have to work on Sunday. We had a fun time watching the game, and laughing at the commercials!
All in all it was a great day!! and weekend!
Do you realize it was a year ago on the 8th that I had my surgery! Whew, I'm glad that is all done. I'm still having trouble getting motivated to get back into shape tho', but I will keep trying.
I have 2 months till Sarah's wedding!! eeekk!

2 comments:

Alison said...

You will be the BEST Relief Society Teacher!!!! I'm really excited for you. My favorite thing about being a teacher is how much all the preparation really blesses my own life. I feel like I learn way more than I can possibly convey in a lesson. And it seems like the lesson topic is ALWAYS something I really need at the time. Your Relief Society sisters are lucky! And I'm sure you'll end up really loving that calling. Good luck! You'll be awesome!

PS Can't wait to see Sarah's dress at her wedding!

The Martins said...

I can't wait to see Sarah's dress! That is AWESOME that you got the free dress giveaway. Sounds like a fun trip to Utah.

How fun to be a relief society teacher! I wish I could come hear your lessons!

Em