It was fun to see Pam and Rob and the kids. Pam decided to go with us. So we all got ready.
What a sad thing, and soooo unexpected. Stephanie was only 39. It was a nice viewing, and we met all of her little kids, and met Rob, he looks so much like Mark. We also met some of Mark's hilarious nephews. But it was heartbreaking to watch the little kids. Her 11 year old daughter just kind of wandered around with big teary eyes..... and her little 3 year old boy latched onto Sarah.
We nicknamed Sarah the 'baby whisperer'... Needless to say when it was all over, Sarah was the only one he would ride home with. So we got him home, and Juli took over so we could sneak out. We went and got something to eat at Mimi's cafe. It's a good place to eat, but we just felt sad. Then we went back to Sarah's house.
Saturday we got up and got ready in time to go to "Kneader's" it's a cute bakery/sandwich shop...but if it was mine, I would do things better. We got our Sandwiches to go, and ate outside at Sarah's house on the grass with Sarah's roomie Jamie. It was a nice, relaxing morning. Then I made KeyLime cupcakes for the girls, and we ate some.....
this is serious cupcake eating!!
and we took some to Sarah's cute little neighbor who is all alone since his wife and daughter passed away. He was nice, said he keeps an eye out for Sarah and her roomies so they are safe.Then we browsed the stores some more and found some things to craft. After, we went home planning on crafting, but we were too tired to do anything. Sarah got someone to work for her, so we thought we would try to do something with Mark and Juli. While we were waiting to hear what the plan was, Sarah, Jamie and I all watched 'Signs' I hadn't watched that in a long time! I got scared all over again.
Then we all decided to go out to dinner, it was Me, Sarah, Pam and Rob, Juli and Mark, Mark's nephew Ross, and best friend Duane, and Brian and Jennifer and all their kids. Brian and Jennifer went to SLC for the weekend to take their kids to the zoo, too. We all met at California Pizza kitchen, and man did we have a fun time. With Rob, Mark, and Ross who wouldn't have a great time!!
This is what happens when you hand someone the camera at one end of the table to take pictures of the other end of the table.....
Then, Brian and Jen took their kids back to the motel to swim. And the rest of us decided to go to a Karioki Bar... Mark is awesome at that.
We drank our diet cokes, and Mark, Duane, Ross and even Sarah did Karioki while Juli, Pam, Rob and I cheered them on. Mark sang the song "In the Jungle" and did it perfectly, ... Was a funny evening... we evening witnessed an almost Bar room Brawl!
But alas our fun evening had to end. We got home about 1:30 and slept in Sunday. I was supposed to leave and Sarah had to work at 4:30, but Sarah and I hadn't crafted yet... .so we did our little projects, we both did frames and I made Sarah a cheetah print and a zebra print headband for work.
Then it was time that I had to say goodbye and she had to get ready for work. I cried .... I dont' know why.
Guess it was because I had such a fun time and love my daughter and I miss her sometimes. She made me some good CD's to listen to all the way home. I wish I could have a little bakery in Provo... or somewhere in the vacinity.
It was nice to finally get home once I was there and unpack and give my hubby a kiss. I appreciate him more and more! While I was gone, he put in a fire pit!! Weehoo!! now we just need to put some curbing stones around the outside...Any one up for a Weenie roast??
Then I had to start work the next day.
I found out that my Wednesdays off would no longer be... I was sad, but the money will be nice to have back. But back to work I went....And it was back to the real world.......






1 comment:
Oh, your post made me teary. I'll come for a weinee roast! Looks like such a full weekend! So sad for Mark's brother and fam, I will keep them in my prayers. I loved seeing all your photos, I haven't seen Juli or Pam and their families for a long time! Looks like you had such a fun time together with the karioke and all! And you and Sarah, you're a great example of what a mother-daughter relationship can and should be! Love you guys!
Post a Comment