The contest was that Wednesday evening.... I was nervous. I had never judged anything before, but at least I knew what a good chocolate chip cookie was supposed to taste like. We were to judge on the taste, appearance, recipe, and originality. There were about 20 entries.... and we weren't offered any milk....LOL
Some of the cookies looked more like cake, some were quite interesting, and some were dang good! How do you judge?? I was hoping there would be one definite winner. But after tasting all of the entries (I think there were 24 total) in front of everyone, there were a lot of yummy ones. So we took our plate of cookies to the back and discussed and debated. Finally we were unanimous on the winners.... and we announced them. But afterwards we got yelled at and questioned regarding the winners recipes, and why a person's cookies didn't win after they had perfected the recipe. I don't think I would do that again. I felt sorry for the ladies that cookies didn't win...why can't you give everyone a prize??
Plus I was really full of cookies afterwards.
Sarah came home for the weekend to go to the fair, Andrew went with his friends. So Jim, Sarah and I all went to the fair on Saturday evening to eat dinner. We got Scone bites, fish and fries at the trout barn, egg rolls, fried cheese curds, dipped strawberry kabob's, corn dogs, corn on the cob, and ice cream. Boy, when I got home did I need an alka-seltzer, but it was way fun.
We walked all around the fair and Sarah took advantage of funny photo opportunities.....
I had the worst stiff neck after the sheep one cuz it was made for little kids and I really had to tilt my head back to get in there!
There was some random dog thing roaming around....
A shark exhibit....
This is what happens when you go outside of the cage....
We went to the petting zoo.... Sarah was impressed by this cow............ and his horns....and this duck that looked like it had dressed up for the occasion with a hat, and pearl necklace...
There was also a scary clown........doesn't he look like he wants to break Sarah's neck?
Then we walked through the different buildings... and Sarah found a picture of herself in the Photography booth! She had modeled for a local photographer! Woo hoo!
We had a fun time at the fair....
We stayed until dark... A funny thing... Jim was talking to one of the vendors at the fair about a water heater and stuff. It was around by the cow barns and right in the middle of the paved road was a pile of poo....Sarah and I had fun making bets on who would step in it while not paying attention... we called them the 'poo walkers'. I know we are silly, the things you do to pass time. But it was amazing, most people saw it out of the corner of their eye and walked around. Ha!
Later, Sarah's friend Mike found us, and she took off with him and Jim and I went home.
The Blackfoot fair is a good time, good food, photo opps, and family.









1 comment:
Fun! I don't know if I have ever been to the fair, but it sounds fun! That's awesome you got to judge the chocolate chip cookies. That would be awesome to taste all the perfected recipes. :)
Post a Comment