Monday, April 25, 2016

Happy Birthday to me,,,,,

Happy Birthday to me!
Yes it's my birthday today... I am turning 52....but I still feel like I did and 12, and 22, and 32, and 42.... Meaning the same me inside... Funny how you age but inside you feel like you always have.  My body feels better tho... If you would have told me last year on my birthday that I would be 24 pounds less than I was and have lost 25 inches I wouldn't have believed it possible. Thank heavens for the 21 day fix... It has helped me realize that I wasn't eating enough of the good things that I needed to and eating too much of what I didn't need.  Also that I just needed to move this body of mine for at least 30 minutes a day. I love exercising.....The following pic is me before I started on the left and after losing 24 pounds and 25 1/2 inches on the right.....woohooey


I feel like the old me... Like I said before the me at 12, 22, and so on. I was put on anti depressants about 5 years ago, and man, those make you feel like a zombie...last year around my birthday I felt so low... I can't describe how I  felt, just low and in a dark place.... So glad that is gone. I find that exercise has helped and NOT taking pills has helped. And a cup of coffee a day is all I need to help me stay happy.... It soothes my soul......and I feel like me. Some people may say they don't agree but until you have been where I was don't argue. I also have to thank my Heavenly Father.... Like I said I was in a really dark place in my life and with prayer and Him by my side I got out.... But that is a whole other post.......
Some things that I have realized this past year...
* You don't need to be who you aren't to have people like you. I write a food blog/ recipes and stuff and I had let it go to my head. I thought I was going to be famous... And it started taking over... If I didn't post a recipe I thought I was failing. If I didn't keep getting more and more readers I was failing, I gained weight from trying different recipes. Finally I reminded myself what my blog was for....sometimes it's easy to let your head swell. I started my blog as a way to share recipes with my daughter and friends. And it's nice to have a place to keep all your favorite recipes without having to flip through 200 printed out recipes (yes, I have an addiction to recipes)
* this past year I have questioned my testimony / faith. Everything I was ever taught about religion was questioned. Some dear family members had shared some anti Mormon literature with me. Is it. True?? I have always had a hard time with my testimony of Joseph Smith....Then a while back while at the hairdressers she said something that I have thought long and hard about.....she asked the question "do you think God is Mormon? Or Catholic, or Lutheren? Or any particular religion??? No, he is the light and the life" I loved that..... He is the Light and the Life of / in all things. And that the Mormon church has more of the beliefs he taught when he was on the earth than any other religion Although I think there is good in all.. So why not go to the LDS church..... If it makes me feel at peace and gives me hope then I think it's a good place to be. A good friend of mine once told me.... If you don't believe everything... Or have a testimony of everything... Then start with what you do believe ...... 
I do believe that God and his Son Jesus Christ know me, and what is in my heart, and they listen and answer my prayers. And that they made us and this world and all the beautiful things in and on it. And I give thanks for that everyday. It makes me happy.
* I have also realized to be patient...... And listen to people. And no matter how tired and in a hurry to get home I am,  if I call my parents and they would like me to stop and get them oranges or a salad from Wendy's I do it with a happy heart. And I take time to chat a few minutes when I drop them off, even though I know my husband is home waiting for me to exercise with him.... I do it because I know there will be a day they won't be there.... And I will wish they were so I could bring them oranges and chat. Take time to spend with those you love..... Life is too short to bustle here and there and not take time to notice things....or pay attention to people. The other day I noticed a cloud that it you would have tipped it upright , it looked like an angel with wings and all.
*I had a good birthday, kind of a boring day but ok. We had dinner with family and that's what matters and I spent the day with my dear husband and his mom. No, I guess I don't' need a party with cake and birthday candles.....tho' that 12 year old me thought so...I was just glad I was with my husband.... Some people aren't so lucky... Hopefully I will have many birthdays with mine.
And I splurged on Ben and Jerry's ice cream.....at the end of the day , if it's your birthday, a little splurge is good.
Enjoy life.... And keep things simple...I have to remind myself of that a lot..... Enjoy the simple things. too many times I have spent the day trying to cook something fancy and then I realize that I have spent the whole time in the kitchen rather than with the people I was cooking for.. What fun is that? From now on my motto is keep it simple......and Enjoy life/ and everything  / person/ moment you have around you.
You never know what each day will bring.... Don't take it for granted.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love this post! So many wonderful thoughts. Thank you for sharing. Em

Jim and Diane Jaspersen said...

Thanks Em!! I wondered if any one read them any more.. Mostly I just blog to put my thoughts out ... It's easier to type than write . Love you!
Di-di