Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Day!!

Well Christmas came and went so fast... I can't believe it's all done. We had a good one. It was way fun to surprise Mom and Dad this year. We all went in together and gave them a new TV and stand. We didn't take it over to their house 'til Christmas eve. Thought we'd make them think we all finally listened to them, and didnt' spend any money on them. We all just sent Cards and pics. It was funny. Mom had gotten a present from one of the relief society presidency that she works with, and later I went down to see what they had given her, and she said.. 'I thought I'd put it under the tree since we don't have many presents, and save till Christmas'. I think she was really a bit sad that we hadn't given them presents!!! How cute!
We took over the gifts that night ( i had to wrap them) we had planned for them to go to Bri's house so JIm and I could take it over and put it all together. But the flu bug and the weather kept them from going over.. so we had to wrap them. But that was more fun! They were surprised, and couldn't figure out what it was.. we were teasing them it was a heavy duty tobaggan and saucer to pull behind the pickup and all the winter wear.. Then Dad thought maybe we had gotten them a treadmill and other exercise stuff so they wouldn't have to go walk at the church (maybe a good idea for next year????) Here's a pic..
On Christmas Eve we always get the kids new ornaments and pj's that they open that night...


It's tradition now to go to Bri's house and make breakfast and eat till we're too full,



then we come home and open our presents in the afternoon.. The kids sleep in and aren't even too excited about opening presents.. but once we get going they like what they get.


I just for fun got both of the kids some "Flarp" (it's gooey stuff that when you squish it into the container makes tooting noises) They had more fun with that all afternoon.. who'd of thought that grown kids could get the giggles making Flarp noises!!!
Jim might have gotten a bit annoyed with the 'Flarp' by his expression in this photo!! ha-ha.


Then we are lazy all afternoon, and then cook a ham and sourcream potatoes,we had mom and dad come over for that, and then we played our new game 'in a pickle'. It's way fun, (kind of like apples to apples). It was a Merry Christmas!!

No comments: