Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy New Year!!


Well it's 2009!!! We had a good new Year's Eve. Jim and I had to go chaperone (sp?) the tri-stake youth dance. It was interesting.. Then we came home and made a bunch of munchies!! (hot wings, poppers, shrimp and chips and dip!!) And ate till we were about sick!! I fell asleep for a bit but woke up at 3 minutes to midnite and watched the ball drop!! Wee-hooo!!!
On New years day we spent the afternoon at mom and dad's and ate pizza and salads and ice cream Sundays. We also played a few rounds of Family Feud ( a Dvd game of Brian's) It was Mom and Dad and Brian and his family and us( with Sarah and Andy). We split into 2 teams and had a lot of fun!!
But the next day I woke up feeling soooo bloated and yucky!! Guess what our new's resolution was??? You guessed it! Eating healthy and exercising!! And so far I"ve exercised everyday (except Sunday) and have lost 4 pounds since last Friday!! Wee-hooo!!! My goal is to drop 20 pounds by my B-day!! That's only 1 1/2 lbs. a week! I think I can handle that!!! So if there are any light and healthy recipes out there that you know are good, let me know!!
This February I'm in charge of the combined YW/YM's activity. And after watching the kids dance at the last stake dance, I thought it would be fun to have someone come teach them how to line dance like they do to 'Cotton Eye Joe' and maybe swing dance or another line dance to boot scootin boogie? Some of the kids knew the dances, but not a lot.. so I thought that would be fun.... HELP!! Does anyone know anybody who could come teach us on the last Tues in February??? I'm racking my brain but so far no names have come up!!

That's about all for my last week.. except it's really hard to work a full week of work after having a couple of days off each week for the last two weeks!! I"m counting down until I'm off for Martin Luther King day!! :)
Sorry, I forgot my camera so I don't have any family new year's pics!!!

2 comments:

Jared and Jill Turner said...

Umm - hello?! ME! I know the boot scootin boogie, but I can't really remember the other ones very good. I would have to talk Jared into doing it with me :) I love line dancing...I will see if I can think of anyone though.

Alison said...

What a fun New Years. Sounds like you partied more than us! And congrats on the 4 lbs. I think I've gained 4 lbs (or more) since Friday! Line dancing will be fun, the youth will love that! Good luck finding someone to teach. I vote for Jill and Jared!