Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy Super Bowl!!!

On the Sunday before my surgery we a family fast! After church we went to Mom and Dad's house so that Dad and Jim could give me a blessing, it was way good! Afterwards I just knew I'd be fine. What a relief, we felt comforted and I could tell a lot of stress was lifted from all of us.
We went back home and took a few family pics.










Aterwards, we changed clothes. Then Sarah and I started cooking to get ready for the fun Super Bowl party, and Sarah's Dave was coming too!!





We made BBQ Chicken pizza, Chicken club pizza, Southwestern egg rolls, hot wings, and had a vegi tray with ranch dip. It was way fun!!




I showed my trick on how to dry lettuce to Sarah and she couldn't resist trying it out.


Sarah was very domestic........



MMMMMMMMMM............



After dinner we all rested and laid around a bit.


Then Mom and Dad came over......





Then it was time for Strawberry Cheesecake!!! Sarah picked that, we weren't sure if I would feel up to having a birthday party for her after my surgery, so we kind of celebrated her birthday and the Super bowl....




Then it was time to break out the scrabble board!! We love Scrabble and all of us.. yes even Mom, get quite competitive!!


Afterwards we all relaxed... it was quite late and I had to get up and be at the EIRMC in I.F. by 5:30. I didn't want to go to bed tho' cuz I knew my surgery was the next day.
All in all it was a good day, we had lots of fun, and were all in silly moods after my blessing.... I love the power, and comfort fasting, prayer, and blessings can give you.

No comments: