
Well... my surgery went well. Things were bigger than the doctor thought!! But everything was benign.. no cancer.. !!! That first week was miserable.. but I"m feeling more and more like my old self. I can get up and get around pretty easy by myself and did my makeup and hair the other day just to go lay down again afterwards... but it felt good to be my old self.
Jim took that first week off and helped me when I got home from the hospital. Ladies that I work with in the Young women's and my visiting Teachers brought in food. And offered to clean my house this week, but Mom and Dad beat them to it. Mom has brought in delicious spanish rice and a chicken casserole, and she keeps me supplied in bran muffins to go with my yogurt in the mornings.
I've been blogging... when I feel good enough to sit for a little while at a time. That gets uncomfortable after awhile, feels better to lay down and kind of half sit up. I'm blogging things from the past year to catch up. I've posted things in july, oct, nov, and still have to catch up on Christmas of last year. I'm doing that cuz' i want to have my blog made into a book. They do that on the cutest blog on the blog site. Then it's just like a journal with pics and everything!!!
I've also read some. I really recommend "Emma, a woman of faith" by Anita Stansfield. It's her life and how she felt when she met Joseph Smith and all they went through. Was an eye opener for me. I've just started reading the Series "The great and terrible" by Chris Stewart. I started on volume 2, cuz mom had given them to Ang and she loaned #1 to jess, but she said you don't even need to read that one. So far it's been really good. But I just can't let myself lay in bed and read all day. I've also ordered "The Hunger Games" Juli reccommended that series.
the pic I posted is from Super Bowl Sunday before my surgery. We made lots of yummy food and Sarah loves to take lots of pics.
I posted this pic cuz I just love my husband. He was so kind and worried about me, and stayed with me till late at night at the hospital to make sure the nurses came in and checked me and gave me pain meds and all so I could sleep. Then he helped me at home. One night last week, (I think it was the pain meds) but I was getting ready for bed and just started crying, i wanted to feel like my old self,and not like an old woman. He came in to make me feel better. Needless to say we started giggling and the more we tried not to laugh the more we did (it hurts to laugh after a hysterectomy) !!! so he had to leave the room...I just love my hubby!
Thanks so much to everyone for fasting and praying for me, I know that helped my surgery and recovery go so smooth!
Thanks for all the yummmy food, books, flowers, and cards! I just love my family. Good family and friends are all you need to get by.
3 comments:
Oh mom i love you and dad! :) you're so cute! family and good friends are all you need. :) i'm glad you are doing well!
I'm glad you are recovering quickly! It's nice to have good books to read and family to take care of you (even if they make you laugh too hard... that's cute). Hope you keep feeling better.
Didi, I'm so glad everything went well! We were praying for you and keeping tabs on how you were doing through my mom. I'm so glad you have Jim to help you and take care of you! Cute picture of you two. I love that you got the giggles together. You guys are cute! Hope your recovery is still going well and that you're feeling more like your old self! Have a good weekend!
Post a Comment