Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!!

I think I celebrated my Birthday all weekend and then again on the real day, Monday the 19th. Seems odd to think I'm 46... I dont' feel 46... I've made it to the top of the hill and now begin the slow descent to the bottom.
Saturday we got up and puttered around the house; haircutting (Jim's) cooking, laundry, and spit shining the house.I even got to go hold Jills new baby (Whitney) when she came to visit Kim and Ang. She's sooooo cute. Then we got ready and went to I.F to shop and use my free "Birthday Burger" coupon at Red Robin's!! Yum!!!


My favorite burger is the "Banzai" Burger. Sarah happened to get to take her lunch break from Carino's and join us. We had a good time. Then Jim and I shopped. I went to Victoria's Secret, and Old Navy and got some cute things. Then we were thirsty so we got a sample at the green tea kiosk in the mall...well, I got caught up in the sells pitches and bought a box!! Yikes! expensive! Then we did a few more things and came home and did the weekly grocery shopping. I had to prepare my lesson for YW's on Sunday too. (I still was in shock about my green tea purchase!)
Sunday came, my lesson went well. After church I made Southwest Eggrolls, and a lemon cream cake!! It was such a warm, sunny day, Jim, Sarah, and I ate outside on the picnic table. (Andy was at church at his singles ward).



Later, Mom and Dad came down for a small party, and cake and ice cream. It was fun. I got a lot of cute cards, and felt special from all the happy Birthday wishes from family and friends on Facebook. Kim and Ang came a little later for cake too!



Then before you know it Monday rolls around. I got a nice card from work, and we always get a half day off with pay for our birthdays. So I met Sarah at Olive Garden and we had lunch. Then I took my green tea back and got my money back... I kept thinking that I can get crystal light packets for way cheap. Then I went to Famous Foot wear, and got tennis shoes, and brown sandals, and then went to Best buy and got a CD all for about the same amount as the Green Tea!! woo hooo!!! Then we went into Downeast outfitters, and tried on glasses!! We picked some of the biggest ones they had..........

.... don't we look like a couple of bugs???? (pic is a little blurry cuz we took it on my phone camera, but we captured the moment!) Sarah and I had a fun day. Then it was back home to cook for my boys and Sarah went off to clean her apartment.
This work week has gone fast. I had Yw's on Tues, and I took some clothes of Sarah's that she didn't wear anymore and gave them to my girls there. They had so much fun trying them on and putting on a fashion show for me and Katy!
I had another meeting on Wednesday, an Auxilary training meeting. Plus , Kim needed me to make a sheet cake for his SAGE branch birthdays. But I got it all done.
Tonight was the first night I didn't have anything, so I thought I'd catch up on here.
I'm so thankful for my family, that's all that makes life fun, is spending time with them and visiting and just being happy.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Wow! So fun to celebrate all weekend long! You deserve it. Your cake looks delicious! You and Sarah in bug glasses crack me up. You always have so much fun together. Glad you had such a happy birthday!