Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy 2011!



I can't believe it's the new year!!
We had a lot of fun on New Year's Eve. Mom and Dad ordered Chinese Food from the Hong Kong. It's tradition to get together and have Chinese food in our family. We usually do it on New Year's day, but since Brian had to work, we had our Chinese new year on new Year's Eve. Fun!!!


Then we watched T.V. and some of us played games.

I had eaten too much, Chinese food makes me feel bloated afterwards, I guess cuz it's so salty you drink a lot of water or something... Anyway, I didn't play games. All I could do was lay on the floor in misery....






Then Brian and most of his family left for home and Jim went home to relax. I stayed to ring in the new year with Dad, Mom, Sarah, and Kylie and Jordan.


I slept through the movie "Houseboat" but I woke myself up snoring REALLY loud at 10 minutes to midnight! (wish I'd get over this stupid cold I've had since the middle of December!)


It was a good thing though, we got ready to ring in the new year... and just about 3 minutes to midnight, Andy came pulling in from work, he'd had to work at Walgreen's till 11:30, but he brought party popper's ! woo hoo! And thanks to Sarah we had hats and blowers!



Dad had to give mom a little kiss at midnight! Cute!!






It was a fun evening!
I wonder what changes 2011 will bring in our house... a wedding maybe?? I do know of one change. I'm being released as the YW's second councelor in our ward, not sure how I feel about it. I cried when I first found out! I had plans to teach my girls how to crochet those cute headbands everyone has been wearing, and we were going to decorate cakes! I'd been saving all my enchilada sauce cans to make little cakes in.. those are the perfect size! Oh I cried off an on until I read the article in the Ensign this month called "Make Yours a Great Life" and I realized things were going to be okay. I have had soooo many neat spiritual experiences in my life the last few years since I was set apart for my calling, both in my personal life, and in YW's with lesson helps, and knowing what activities to do, and just having the courage to do what I needed to do, whether it was teach or give a talk in Sacrament meeting. I don't want that to go away! I woke up sobbing Tuesday morning, I was dreaming I was bearing my testimony to my girls, and I sobbed, I even woke Jim up and had bull frog eyes for work. But you know, I think I will still have that personal help in my life... I have come too far to lose it, I think it will be different, but as long as I read the scriptures and Ensign, and say my prayers, Heavenly Father will be there because he cares about each of us.
I know I will get a new calling soon, but for now, I will enjoy being in Relief Society, something I haven't gotten to do for 7 years now? I was in the primary before YW's... so maybe this change is a good thing...
Welcome 2011, and all I ask is that we are all healthy, happy, and prosperous.. :o)

3 comments:

Sarah J said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR MOM! :) that was such a fun day. our holiday was sooo fun :) i love you tons and tons! this new year will be soo fun

Alison said...

Looks like such a fun New Year's par-tay! And I know you will be greatly missed in YW's. They were lucky to have you! Enjoy Relief Society for now. YOu're wonderful Di-di!

Jared and Jill Turner said...

HA! Di, these pictures are hilarious of New Years, looks like we missed out!