Sunday, January 16, 2011

I've just been thinking

I've been thinking a lot lately. I realized the other day, that with the upcoming birthdays this year, Andrew is turning the age I was when I had Sarah, and Sarah is turning the age I was when I had Andrew. And I feel old. I've been happy with my life and love my family but lately I've just been feeling old.
But I realized in 3 years I will turn 50! Eeek! Then I think am I where I want to be? Yes mostly. But a little part of me would love to take cake decorating classess and sugar classes so I could decorate cakes like the lady from Sugarbakers. I guess I've thought this since planning Sarah's wedding. But then I really think about and think, no way could I do that and know how to manage a catering business. But I would love too! I taste cupcakes from businesses and cake balls, and I know I could make them just as good if not better. Especially when I find out the prices of things!!
I can't believe we're planning a wedding. I was showing Dave and Sarah our wedding phottos the other night.
Didn't we look young?

And looking at the kids pictures when they were little.
This first picture of Sarah was when Jim's parents came to see Andrew when he was born, and they brought Sarah these pj's and broom and purse. Didn't she look so happy?
The second was taken outside in Bremerton, Sarah was just two! She was such a tiny little thing! She was a fun little girl, she has always loved girly things!

These pictures of Andrew were taken in Bremerton. He was such a fun baby!! I loved his curly hair after I'd shampoo it in the tub!!


Sometimes do you ever want to go back and live that part of life over again? I wonder would I do things differently?
I get to help Sarah find a dress this week! It will be soooo fun! I can't wait. I hope we can find what she'd hoping for.
This is just one of many that she has liked off the internet...


Things will come together and everything will be beautiful for her wedding day. I just need to exercise and get in shape! Do you ever look in the mirror and not recognize the person looking back? I look and wonder where did all these wrinkles come from, and when did that huge roll around my middle get there. I love watching my children grow up and live life, but after I turned 40 I'm not sure what happened to me.
Just random thoughts I had this morning in this gloomy January weather....
But..... I feel spring in the air this morning and Aunt Jeanne actually saw a robin the other day!!

3 comments:

Kendall and Katy said...

Diane, I love your wedding photos! I hope you and Sarah have a great time wedding dress shopping. I love the one she picked so far!

The Martins said...

I love your wedding picture, Didi! So cute! And the pictures of the kids are cute when they are little. :) I am excited to go wedding dress shopping with you guys tomorrow!

Alison said...

Love your wedding photo! You are gorgeous! Then and now! And the pictures of your kids are so cute! It makes me want to cry because I remember when your kids were so small. And I'm sure it will seem in the blink of an eye I will be picking out wedding dresses. Wish life didn't go by so fast! I guess the trick is in enjoying each day. And I think you do a great job of that!