Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It really is Spring.....

This moring we woke up to snow and wind and cold!! Brrrr..... but by this afternoon even if the wind is still blowing and it's chilly, the snow all melted. Yay!!
Sunday was the first day of Spring, and to prove it, there was a little robin out by our pine tree in the back yard!!

you have to look really close ... but he is there.
Jim's birthday was on Monday the 21st!! I now have 1 month to call him 'my old man' until I turn the same age as him. :o) I made him a cheesecake for his birthday, and we had mom and dad over on Sunday evening to share it with us. I have this candle that you can turn on and it plays Happy Birthday which we all try to sing along with, and then it's tradition to take a picture of the Birthday Person blowing out the candle.... well Jim thought he'd be funny and blow the candle out really quick before I could get a picture... he thought it was really funny.. hahaha.


Sorry these pictures weren't very good of him, but he was laughing really hard and made it hard to get a good picture. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR!
The cheesecake was yummo!
On Monday which was his actual birthday, I grilled some ribeye steaks, and we finished off the cheesecake. Then I proceeded to get sicker... :o( My cold held off until I taught my relief society lesson, and monday evening I got pretty bad, and didn't go to work today.
I hope I feel better tomorrow! I'm supposed to have a scone night with my past YW leaders..... we will see what happens.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Oh, and commenting on your last post I was going to tell you I LOVE that quote by Sister Hinckley too! I LOVE her! I'm sure your lesson was so good! Such a cute hand photo too. Anyway, are you guys getting all this snow today too? Yucky! But it's supposed to be warm this weekend. Hopefully then spring will be here to stay!