Tuesday, March 22, 2011

my week................

This past week has been pretty good. I get up, go to work, come home, make dinner, and then relax. The last week I've been trying to create a '6' doll for my nephew Chase. This is what '6' looks like.
It's from the Tim Burton movie "9". Juli said that's his new favorite movie and he asked her to make him one. She said she couldn't but if anyone could , Aunt Di-di could. Goodness!!! I was up for the challenge but not sure if I could come through for him!! I had a few mistakes getting started but so far, I think I've got him pretty good, at least Chase thinks so from the pictures I 've sent him of it.

These are what I've come up with so far....

I still have his arms, hands and feet to do.... but so far so good I think.

I also had to teach Relief Society this week. Sometimes I just think of teaching in there and get soooo overwhelmed!! I can't teach Relief Society!!! But then I calm myself down and just concentrate on the lesson, and don't think about being up in front of all those ladies I admire and know so much more than I do. So far, I've done okay. Things usually come together if I pray, and study my lesson ahead of time. This last week my lesson was on service.


I love the gospel and what happiness it brings in our lives. I know we are here to help each other, and support each other, so we can make it through this life and end up where we want to be. I think the lessons I teach are more for me than anyone. My sister, Marilyn, gave me a book called "Flowers from our Garden" it has thousands of quotes by LDS women, she thought I could use it when I taught in YW's but I never did, but now its so helpful for my Relief Society lessons!!! I loved this quote I found in it on Service, by Linda Bentley Johnson......
"When I don't receive that warm glow of service, I try to remember that I don't give service so I can feel like a good person. I try to do good because it is the right thing to do and because Jesus has asked us to help each other.... In my journal I copied these words that I refer to often: "I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car wearing fancy clothes, my hair perrfectly done, and with long manicured nails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to Scout camp. I want there to be grass stains on my shoes from mowing another sister's lawn. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want there to be a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want there to be children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know that I was really here and that I really loved!"

I love that last part..... I love the whole thing, but I do want the Lord to know that I was really here on this earth he created and that I really did love! I do love my life and the people in it and I just hope they know that. Life is good, no matter what challenges we have in it, whether it's a little challenge, like creating a doll for a cute little nephew, or a bigger challenge like teaching a Relief Society lesson for a lot of ladies who are really your friends. I just hope I can keep sharing with them the things the Lord wants me too.
Life is good. :o)

4 comments:

Sarah J said...

You are a wonderful lady :)

The Martins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Martins said...

I wish I could come hear your Relief Society lessons!
I love the "six" doll you made for Chase - looks just like it. You are very talented!

Alison said...

So glad your lesson went well! I'm glad mine is done (yesterday). It's nice to have a few weeks to relax huh! That is such a cute '6', you're so crafty!!! Wish I could have a piece of Jim's cheesecake!