Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What I've been up to.................

I've been having a good time in my cake decorating class. I started a "Fondant and Gumpaste" class since my basic cake decorating class got over. I take this one on Tuesday nights. It's been fun, at first I wasn't sure if I would like it, but we got to make roses, carnations, and cala lillies (SP?) last night. The roses were so fun and I think it turned out cute!!


Next week we take on daisies and mums! I can't wait.
I also finished my '9' doll for Chase. He loved the '6' one soooo much, and instead of thanking me when he called to tell me he got it, he asked for 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 and then just wanted me to create a 10th one!! My heavens!!! so I made the '9' doll for him, and told Juli to tell him that would probably be it on those.

I guess he sleeps with them and takes them everywhere! (and so far nothing has fallen off of 6, it's lasting better than I thought!) Juli said out of the blue he asked the other kids who could sew better Aunt Di-di or Juli... and the kids all said "aunt Di-di!" and then said ' no offense mom" . Made me laugh. I'm just glad he likes them.
Work has been really slow, and the threat of lay-offs grows more and more everyday!! And I know we've been encouraged at church to go to the temple more... sooooooo I had been thinking of asking if my hours could be cut to just 4 days a week. Maybe that would help other girls keep their jobs, and I would have a whole day to do whatever I would like, one thing for sure , is going to the temple. So yesterday I asked, and my boss said of course, as long as when it got busy again, I would work 5 days aweek. That was fine with me, so I picked to have Wednesday off. It's perfect, work 2 days, have a day off, and work 2 days, and then it's the weekend!!
Today was my first Wednesday off. I went to the temple and was just sooo happy to be there that I got teary eyed a bit. Loved it! and what a beautiful day it was! And the temples tulips were all starting to bloom! Lovely! When I got home, I baked off the rest of some cookie dough I had left from mother's day (after eating a spoonful or two) then decided to take some warm cookies, and walk over to Larue Bird's house. After all, she would give all of us kids cookies when we would go visit her when we were younger!!! So that's what I did. It was a lovely walk, and I had a nice time visiting Mrs. Bird. She always gives me something to think about. Today we talked about how nice spring is, and what a wonderful world we live in and how wonderful Heavenly Father is to give us all the beautiful things he did and does. And how she notices the clouds, which she never did when she was younger, and how she loves to watch the birds outside her window. She made me happy.... and happy to be able to walk and as I left and finished my walk down to my parents house and back home, I paid closer attention to the birds singing, and the blossoms and the dandelions, and the clouds. What a wonderful day.
I just hope that my Wednesdays off will last..... I loved it!

1 comment:

Alison said...

You're so cute Didi! Sounds like a perfect day off. I hope they last for you too!