Boy, the last 2 weeks have been way busy.... besides making Gum paste Calli Lillies everynight so I have enough for Cupcakes for a Wedding I've agreed to help with (which is way fun I might add) I made my Boss's husband a Birthday cake.....
It was a Mocha Almond Fudge Cake.....
and it was delicioso!!
Then I've been taking a Flower and Cake Design class the last 2 weeks and for my last little cake project I made this....
We had made purple and pink roses in class out of royal icing... but the night we were going to decorate our cakes I decided I should make a Christmas cake. So I did white roses tipped in red... it was good to learn how to do that too! I think they look kind of like candy cane roses....
This cake was an almond butter cake with raspberry filling and almond flavored icing. (Practicing for the up and coming wedding cake I get to make... tested the recipe)
Now my Calli lillies are all done... I just get to bake the cake and cupcakes Wednesday and Thursday.
Today I am making Oreo truffles and Key lime truffles for a treat after my lesson tomorrow. Then maybe I'll be able to concentrate on Christmas cards and Christmas a little more... at least until my treat the office day on Wednesday...
This time of year it's sad to lose a loved one. I know a lady at work that's ex-husband passed away this last week, and a family in Groveland that lost a son.... I can't imagine how they must be feeling... what about presents already bought? and just not having them around anymore.... :(
So I'm grateful my family is here and healthy, and I'm going to appreciate every moment with them... even the moments I may be a little annoyed with one of them at different times..... because life is to short not to. After all this season is not about the gifts... but about the sprirt of Christ and giving and family..... So in all the hussle and bussle that this season brings... remember to hug the ones you love and take time to say 'I love you ' everyday..... and all year long.
Merry Christmas....
1 comment:
Oh so sad! Thanks for the reminder to hold our loved ones close at Christmas and everyday. Your cakes are beautiful! Wish I lived close to come taste all your treats! You are amazing! Love you guys! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment