Thursday, December 29, 2011

Cupcakes and cake!

The Thursday before Christmas, Jill and I made cupcakes and an 8-inch 2 layer cake for a wedding. Jill's friend was getting married on the 23rd and asked Jill to do her cake. Jill asked for my assistance. So over the last few weeks I had been making Cali Lillies for half the cupcakes.
I took the afternoon off on Thursday, and Jill and I baked and danced and sang to Christmas carols on the radio... we fininished about 8 pm. Was fun... but never again will I try to make Cali Lillies and cupcakes during the month of December... or sign up for a cake class... too much stress.
But they did turn out pretty.....
They were going to put real cali lillies on top of the cake but ended up doing this...

and this is how the cupcakes looked on display...
Jill said they loved them and they kept asking if she made the cupcakes... all in all it was a success.
Yay!!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Oh my goodness! Those are beautiful! You do such a great job. I can't imagine how long that would take, but fun that you and Jill could do it together!