I think it was Thanksgiving night or the Friday after that Sarah and Andrew borrowed my camera..... they had bought these huge 1 pounder Reese's peanut butter cups and stayed up late one night....
these are the pics I found ...
Silly kids.......
The Saturday after Thanksgiving we decorated our tree.... Sarah had promised Kella that she could help and she was soooooooo excited!! She did good... and so did Sarah... I was only there to make sure some decorations made it around the top of the tree.....Looks like a lot of fun.... but I didnt' take a pic of the tree by itself.... Oh well.
Sunday after Thanksgiving, Mom J. headed back to Walla Walla and we had church. The Christmas tree and decorations were up and we were feeling like we were ready for Christmas except for the shopping.
Mom's Birthday was on Tuesday the 29th, so I made her a cake. When I asked what kind she wanted, she said chocolate, really chocolatey.... so I made a Chocolate fudge cake with german chocolate frosting in the middle on on the top ( I put chocolate chips in that to make it extra chocolatey) and then I frosted the sides and decorated with a fudge icing... YUM!!!
Isn't my mom cute!?
Sarah bought mom some warm slipper socks and a lovely scarf to wear with her coat....
Here is my cute dad watching mom open her presents..and my cute kids too
and Jim and me....
I gave my mom the cutest little snowman... it's kind of a tradtion that I give her a new one every year for her birthday.....
Sarah and mom admiring him... his name is Mr. Flurry...
he found a new home sitting by Mom's tree...
I don't have many pics of Andy with mom and dad so I had to take advantage of having Andrew there.
After the party, Sarah and I had to watch another Harry Potter movie...she is into Harry Potter all of a sudden and had to catch up on all the movies over the Thanksgiving Holiday...
and we had to make faces for some reason...
anyway... Sarah went back to Provo Thursday morning.....Jim and I both worked, and Andy got ready for finals and worked too! Friday the 2nd, Jennifer called me at work to see if I had time to make a cake for her sister Angel's daughter Taylor... of course I did! They didn't want to have to get a Walmart cake....I baked it Friday night (I made an almond butter cake) then Saturday I got up and decorated it... it had raspberry filling and almond flavored butter cream icing and fondant decorations.....
It took all morning long... but was way fun! I am also making Calli Lillies for cupcakes for Jill's friends wedding! Yikes!! I hope they all turn out good! I have to make an 8 inch 2 layer cake and 100 cupcakes, half with cali lillies and half with sprinkles... Her wedding is Dec 23rd. I am also taking another cake class at Michaels on Tues. and Thursdays this last week and next..... busy busy..... but sooooo fun!!
I also have been feeling way guilty about the time going too fast and me not getting my visiting teaching done... so I wanted to give my ladies something special.... I thought and thought and then had this idea...
I got them all done, they weren't very expensive, just 3 for the frame and 2 for the pic and then I had vinyl and my cricut machine already.... I think they turned out awesome.
Now to get ready for Christmas... there are cards to send out, calli lilies to make, christmas goodies for family to bake, my treat the office day on the 21st, presents to buy.... and good deeds to do for the 12 days of christmas starting on the 13th... (you do an act of kindness for random people everyday until Christmas and it doens't have to be expensive....) fun huh? oh and I have a lesson to prepare for the 18th!! and not to mention my house to keep clean.
My hubby is sick today and so is Sarah.. just I hope I dont' catch anything... I don't have TIME to be sick!
Happy Holidays!!














2 comments:
Your gifts to take visiting teaching turned out wonderful! I loved seeing pictures of Grandma's birthday party, made me feel like I was there. Her cake looks yummy! So funny about Sarah and Andrew and those giant Reese's cups! And Sarah is so cute, love her boots and scarf. How fun to be so young and beautiful! Love you guys! Merry Christmas!
Was Jim wearing shorts in that picture? Maybe he didn't get the memo that it is COLD outside! LOL! I love your visiting teaching gifts! I wish you were still coming to me. :) They will love them!
Post a Comment