Sunday, January 31, 2016

Changes.....

Well I have had some changes in my life.....  I was released as the YW's president. I have mixed emotions. I love the girls and pray and hope for them everyday. The friendships I made with are treasured... I pray that the new leaders with teach, take care and love them as much as I wanted to in my heart. BUT I have never had a calling that tested my testimony as much, that felt like I had a dark cloud over my head, that just made me feel awful and at the same time my heart felt full of love... was it the adversary?? was it me?? was I encapable of It? i don't know. But I prayed and I prayed hard every day that I could do it, feel the Lord with me , and know what to do. Towards the end of this last year, I started to pray for release.... not that I didn't love the other leaders and the girls, but I was tired of that feeling I had... knew if I didn't get it soon I may go nuts. But after having prayed earnestly for a couple of weeks and especially one sat. I night, I woke up and felt like.. nope, this is where I need to be. So I thought, ok Heavenly Father if this is what i need to do then help me get thru each day and do the things I need to do.
Then the next Saturday, the Bishop called to come talk to me. I found out I was being released. Maybe in my heart I needed to accept that you can't ask for callings??? I don't know. But I was released and extended another calling.... Nursery leader. When I was praying for release I even said I would be the nursery leader if that 's what I needed to do to feel better and help my testimony grow. I think Heavenly Father likes to say 'Hey, I am listening whether or not you think so at times"....
I know he does.
But now after my 2nd week of nursery, and making bean bag frogs, reading stories, painting rocks with water, eating snacks, blowing bubbles and singing songs... it's a nice change. Kind of a work out... I took a 2 hour nap today!!
But at least I can be where I need to be and work on my testimony with the little nursery kiddos and feel better.
I love my Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ, I KNOW they know me ... I know they hear prayers and answer them in their own time. This I do know. and that can get me thru right now I think.
So for now I will do this with my nursery kiddos....
And the new YW's presidency will do their callings and love the girls and be what those girls need at this time because I really had been feeling I wasn't what they needed and I didn't want them to miss out on something. but I do know that Heavenly Father and Jesus were with me every moment that I was trying....
Love Di

No comments: