Monday, November 24, 2008

A Scary weekend

Well, Saturday morning started with puttering around the house, and getting stuff to take to Sarah.. she moved into the bigger bedroom in her apartment and wanted her double bed, so we got that, her pots n' pans, and few other things she hadn't taken up there yet.. and of course I had a niggle to take my cleaning supplies (what a good mom I am!)

We had good sunny weather all day!! no snow on the bed! Sarah had gotten up way early cuz she was too excited to sleep, and Andy and jim helped her move her computer and assemble a book case.. so of course I found a chance to go clean her kitchen (kind of scary!) and downstairs bathroom!! Ooh the smell of Mr. Clean!!! mm..
We got her bed in, 's up on cinder blocks, and looks like the princess bed in princess and the pea.. ( I told her not to run and slide onto her bed or she might keep sliding right out the window!!) WE got the dish network working, and with a little help from one of JIm's buddies at work, her internet working as well.. Yeah!!
Sarah had been complaining about a headache all day, so we thought maybe she needed to go get something to eat!!
Andy had to leave to take Jamison to blackfoot, so JIm, me and sarah all went to Applebee's for supper!! Yum!! We made it throught the Appetizers okay, (Sarah had still complained of her headache getting worse on one side of her head, even with a couple of anacin down her) I gave her another one, and she said they started coming in waves in one spot, she'd get a pain so bad it would take her breath away, and she got a really bad dizzy spell at the restaurant, and then her right arm and side of her face went numb.... She looked so pale like she was going to pass out! it scared all of us!! WE hurried through our dinner, and paid, Sarah's jaws were so weak she couldn't even eat her french fries!!! There were no clinic's open in town, so we went to the emergency room..All I could think was was that she was going to have a stroke or aneurism . She was crying, and I was scared, and jim was upset too! But we got her checked in and she even had a fever despite all the aspirin . They hooked her up to an I V and took blood to test, and the doctor came in and decided to do a catscan even tho' she'd had a MRI last spring for migrains... and they gave her a migrain cocktail with consists of 3 syringes full of different medicine, as soon as that started to work she was a little loopy, thought the medicine was coming out of her ears..( I had to point out it was her tears that had pooled up in them cuz she was laying down.)
Her catscan was normal, normal brain, and no bleeding or anything, the only thing was her sinus cavity was still inflamed cuz she didnt' finish her medicine from her sinus infection..and her potassium was low.. But the doc was stumped on her syptoms.... But the medicine made her headache go away, and she was sleepy.
So I opted to spend the night with her, to make sure she was going to be okay.. I got her to bed, after she had gone downstairs, and came back up with a bag of choc chips, and cheezits for a snack.. While she dozed off, I cleaned the upstairs bathroom..
I tried sleeping in the princess bed with Sarah, but felt I was tossing about too much, so I tried the floor, and then ended up on the couch downstairs...
All was good in the moring, Sarah felt lots better just groggy, so I went to the store to get bananas, and orange juice ( to help with the potassium) and stuff for healthy sandwiches. I'm glad she's okay.. but it was weird. Here are few of the pics at the hospital.. yes.. she still likes to pose even in the throws of an emergency!!!




And with all the HUB BUB I forgot to get my Turkey out of the Freezer until this moring.. hopefully it will still be thawed out!!!

3 comments:

Sarah J said...

MOM!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!!! that was a scary weekend! i cant believe i was in the hospital!!!! ahh!!!!! i'm glad that i was still able to pose and take pictuers. thats somethign i would do!!!! heheheehe. thanks so much for cleaning and for staying the night with me and for making me sandwiches!!! you are the best mom and i love ya tons!!!

Jared and Jill Turner said...

I'm glad everything is ok!

Alison said...

That is such a scary weekend but I'm so glad it all turned out okay! Sarah is so cute, even in the hospital! You are such a cute, fun mom and so nice to clean her apartment. I love when my mom helps me out. Moms are the BEST!